Mattawa river info??

tow-mo

So I know it’s a long ways from Erie but I’m just wondering if anyone has any info or experience fishing up Mattawa way, couple of friends want to do a trip late spring on the Mattawa river/ lake chant plain?? Not looking for anyone’s secret spots or anything just stuff like depth or is there a lot of hazards, did you have any luck..??? Not finding much online…. Would be fishing out of a 16 tiller, walleye and maybe musky…? Thanks in advance for any help.

Have been to Samuel de Champlain provincial park a few times. It’s right on Moore lake which attaches to the Mattawa River. We caught tons of smallies, pike and the odd walleye. We took a trip to talon lake which isn’t far and had an amazing day there fishing. Smallmouth, largemouth and pike. Tried trolling for lakers there as well but had no luck. There were quite a few boats casting for musky on talon lake.

Just don't set your expectations too high. The area is fished really hard. Wouldn't ever attempt lakers here @Jariott.

Are you dead set on this area?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks