Off Topic Marine Stereo options

rastam4n

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Thinking about installing a marine stereo in the new boat, I am wondering what you guys have and/like... I am happy without one, but a lot of my clients want to be able to stream music while we are out and if I have to listen to their music I'd at least like it to sound better than their phone speakers.
I am looking for headless options, something with 4 speakers output, ability to easily connect and stream to without having to jump through hoops and trouble shoot it every time a new phone comes along.
Has to be compatible with Nmea 2000, and Lowrance HDS mfds.

Seems like you've got the main things figured out: bluetooth and easy. All the reputable brands do that well. There are cheap amazon ones but sometimes they are more finicky and the instructions are non-existent.

Maybe a dumb question- why would you want it to have NMEA etc connection? If it is just for music, seems all you need is a unit that can handle some spray etc.

We ended up buying a couple bluetooth speakers that you can pair together, they sound incredible and can be used anywhere obviously (they go on sale quite often):

Seems like you've got the main things figured out: bluetooth and easy. All the reputable brands do that well. There are cheap amazon ones but sometimes they are more finicky and the instructions are non-existent.

Maybe a dumb question- why would you want it to have NMEA etc connection? If it is just for music, seems all you need is a unit that can handle some spray etc.

I am trying to avoid adding another screen or hole in the dash so it will not have a screen of its own. If it is Nmea it will be controllable all over the boat on any of the connected MFD's.

I am trying to avoid adding another screen or hole in the dash so it will not have a screen of its own. If it is Nmea it will be controllable all over the boat on any of the connected MFD's.
Right, a cool problem for a big boat! :) I can pretty well reach the volume knob from wherever I am on mine ;) Whatever you land on, post a pic! It sounds cool, but over my head or maybe budget...

Right, a cool problem for a big boat! :) I can pretty well reach the volume knob from wherever I am on mine ;) Whatever you land on, post a pic! It sounds cool, but over my head or maybe budget...

I will be sure to take a video of it setup once I am done... long way to go!

I believe in what you pay is what you get. I’m sure you don’t want a system like what I have in the Wellcraft, but it will give you a good idea on system.
I have the Fusion radio which is blue tooth and anyone can pair up to it to listen to their music. There is an app you can download to control it on your phone as well.
As for the rest of the system, I run all JL Audio amps and speakers except the ones mounted on my T-Top. There is two 5.5” speakers mounted and two 6.5” mounted up front and a 10” sub. All speakers are waterproof and so far they are have been in rain and boat wash down spray. Under the console there is two amps. 800w to run the speakers and 800w mono to run the sub. The sound quality is awesome and they can hear you coming before they can see ya😂.

There is approx $4000-$5000 tied up just to hear music.

If you are thinking of doing any install your self I would suggest checking out Gibbys Electronics. 90% of my system came from them. Just a stone throw from BassPro St Catherine

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks