Maple City Marine.

walleyeman

Has anyone here dealt with Maple City Marine? Pros\ Cons ! Good people? Sales Staff Service ! Your Opinions please. One other Question- While were at it- Your take\ opinions on Evinrude- E-tecs the 150s and up vs. Mercurys 150 and up! I have read good reads on the E-tecs but am wary about their reliability? Are the E-tecs fuel efficient? Thanks Walleyeman!

I've heard nothing but good and have had some dealing with them and also found them super. They have been in business for 69 years, have a BBB A+ rating and also received 2013 award as one of the best 100 marine dealerships in North America.

I have a Lund Fisherman with a pair of Yamaha O/Bs on it.
I live near Port Bruce and drive to Maple City Marine in Chatham for my service.
They are awesome, the salt of the earth, you can trust them.
I asked them to replace the complete water pump assembly on my 200 hp Yamaha.
When we went to pick up our boat the cost was significantly less than we were quoted.
The reason was not all the parts I ordered were needed, so they sent them back to Yamaha and lowered the price accordingly.
I had to PINCH myself!!!! I thought I must be dreaming.

bd

I took my outboard there beginning of April last year for a rebuild.. After several weeks of it's going into the shop this week to be torn down I finally pulled it out of there the Wednesday following the May long weekend. I know things take time, but don't keep feeding me bs when you know nothing is going too happen.. I personally will never deal with them again.

Can't go wrong there, great staff, years of experience. My only advice is don't bring them a problem in spring time that has been broken all winter and expect quick service. They have 100's
of regular customers boats to make ready and transport and put in the water. Paul and Rob are great to deal with if you are buying.
Nuff said. Cheers

Never dealt with Maple City. But if your asking about the E-tec. I own a 115hp 2006. No trouble except 12 volt trim/tilt motor. Other wise great on gas, no fumes. I very happy with it. Runs like a dream.
I don't need much work on my boat/motor. But when I did with old motor. Dundas Marine was always there to help with outstanding service.

Go yamaha on second boat both with yamaha and beat on the moters and never let you down. Bought this boat off maple city great. Service and you can't beat there prices

I bought my 2075 Lund there in 2014. They are very knowledgeable and great to deal with. I had a couple small warranty issues that they took care of very quickly. I would highly recommend them! As far as the Etecs go. All i can say is that i have owned an Optimax with i do believe works on the same principal as a Rude . And now i have a Verado. If you have the extra coin. i would go for the 4 stroke . Twice the motor of a DI unit. Outcast

I bought a new boat in 2009 from maple city. I was very pleased with the way they treated me and would highly recommend them. The boat i bought has a 115 etec and i have also been very happy with reliability its never let me down in the 6 plus yrs i have owned it takes very little to maintain and starts up first time every spring. Il be returning to Maple City to buy my next boat when the time comes

Bought my 13 Lund Rebel from Grant. Maple City had the shapest pencil & great staff. I had wty issue with my 60 merc, they fixed it on my schedule. They have earned my buisness for years to come.

Bought my 19ft Lund from Maple and made the mistake of taking the salesman's word, Liar!! It was dumb of me to purchase a boat in the winter anyways, but hot to fish! He told the engine had 370 hours and gave it a quick run on the muffs to satisfy me. He spoke of how well he new the boat and it always had the best of maintenance. At any rate the Merc Optimax would die at idle, eventually took to a good local dealer finding the engine really has 890 hours and worn out! New power head for 6K, my sales agreement didn't list hours so guess who got shafted. Now Maple did send me a plastic piece for the shifter so it would go into gear, but the panel it attached to was rotten and among other things that had to be replaced etc. I now have a great boat but probably could have had new for the costs.
RodbendR.

I stopped in once on my way back from Windsor. I just wanted to check out the dealership. They made me feel like I was their best long time customer, not just some guy walking in to kick tires. I spent half an hour with Paul ( I think) and he was fantastic. When I am ready to do deal, they will be my first choice.
My two cents.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks