Fishing Report Maitland

m burr

Out on Tuesday afternoon. Fished mostly in the 70’ area but did explore both shallower and deeper.Marked a whole lot of stuff on bottom. Really decent marks that were not bait fish. pulled up one eye from that depth on a rigger on a harness but there was so many they may have been schools of perch. Didn’t have minnows or equipment to stop and see. Tried everything from 3 colour to 7 colour lead with no luck even though I was getting marks in those areas.
Reports from anyone else in the

Was out from about 4-9pm yesterday. Marked a ton of bait and fish from 68 to 76fow as well. Landed 2(kind of) and had 2 others on(not sure if walleye or not)but one flopped out of the net and back in the lake. We got a little too excited to get the first one in the boat and i turned around to pull it out of the net as she flopped over side. All were caught just off bottom on antifreeze rrf on dipsys on 3 setting 200ft out. Speed was 2.4-2.8mph Washed spoons, harnesses and gold rrf all over the water column with no success but baits have never been cleaner. Best day we have had yet as previous days we struggled just to get 1. Looks like they are finally here just not in the numbers like last year yet. But this was the most action ive had on the fish finder all year so its a good sign. Good luck and tight lines

If this weekend's weather forecast stays true we'll try the same on Saturday. Haven't decided eyes or bass yet. Maybe eyes early and bass later if the eyes stay shut?

If this weekend's weather forecast stays true we'll try the same on Saturday. Haven't decided eyes or bass yet. Maybe eyes early and bass later if the eyes stay shut?
Ya that’s what I’m always thinking when fishing Erie walleye or bass or both

4 of us, 2 boats were out Tues. 7 am. to 3 pm. and nota got out to 97 fow. Marked all kinds of crap in the water Bait fish, Smelt, clouds of Bloody Red Shrimp and Fleas. A charter guy was out from Dunville 90 FOW and he pulled lines and went south out of site. A friend went to Crystal and limited and others out Nanticoke way are getting some.

So it wasn’t just me... lol. Saw a bunch of boats straight out from the mouth in 70’. Not sure if they were getting anything. I stopped in the area and lots of marks but not as many as where I wasn’t catching.

Marks on bottom could be Gil netted fish. Nets south of Goderich run for long distances. You may only see one marker indicating a net because the second marker is so far away. Keep that in mind with bottom marked fish in that area. Bayfield also. A 1km net set along bottom with a flag at each end.

I was out Tuesday. Trolled straight out from Maitland then west along the 70' contour to the Red Buoy. Marked a bunch in 70' so I dropped some jigs while I had lunch. Trolled back along the 60-65' contour. Came back empty on the day.

I went out of crystal on tuesday for some tubing and swimming the the family.
While I was setting up the tube in 60 ish + feet of water I noticed the screen lit up. . I put down some lines for a about 30 min, no fish hit but they're there. Perch eyes idk.

Attachments

• 20200721_133622.jpg
    20200721_133622.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200721_135607.jpg
    20200721_135607.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200721_140752.jpg
    20200721_140752.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 40
Rule of thumb guys- Maitland really doesn't heat up till after Aug. civic weekend for numbers! Just my experience for this area. Then your good till end of Sept. Good luck out there and be safe! Thanks Walleyeman.

I Was out Tuesday night by Mohawk, landed 3 and lost 4, 50 fow, first couple of hours was a waste and then after 8, the fish woke up

Attachments

• 362E6898-5F65-4F8F-99E5-CCABB8C6DB1E.jpeg
    362E6898-5F65-4F8F-99E5-CCABB8C6DB1E.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 20
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks