Maitland Wed Afternoon

m burr

Went 4 for 5 on walleye and 4 bows. Weird that the bows came from 70’ or below in 80-90’ of water. And considering I hadn’t got a bow out there in the last 2 years of fishing there. Still better #s in a shorter time out for me anyways. Didn't try harnesses, all on spoons and nothing on cranks.

Nice! This pretty matches our Sat fishing over there except we did not get any bows then, only walleyes, in the same depth range. What spoons did you run?

Warriors smaller spoon. Smelt colour front/ copper back.
At least it seems to be close to Burwell and better than the Elbo is currently.
Based on how things are going im not expecting it to be the same again next time out after the winds again.

Fished Maitland last night from 530-8. Only managed 1 walleye, running 6 harnesses and dipsys out in 75-85fow. I knew we should have shook it up but didn't have the spoons on board. Nice to see the bows coming from Maitland.

Another WED afternoon fish at Maitland. Fishing is getting better. Averaged a fish/ 1/2 hr. The fish are starting to stack up better without being clogged up right on bottom with the clouds of bait. 80’ of water, 4 off of the10 col lead and 2 off riggers. All on spoons.

What speed do you troll at with spoons. I’ve never fished with spoons but sound like the trick right now with all the bait fish

I generally vary it between 2.5 and 3 with spoons . Just make sure they have a good action for the speed you are moving at. Lighter spoons are generally capable of running at slower speeds.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks