Maitland Walleye Report Oct 1

Fish Farmer

Buddy and myself headed straight out towards the fingers and did great just inside the fingers 65 to 70 fow. We must have caught and lost over 25. We culled at least 1 dozen small ones ended getting our limit. Most fish smaller than the ones we were catching earlier in close, but nice eaters just the same. Was weird, most fish we caught were off the big dipsys not riggers. Harness were the weapon’s 👍👍 might give it a solo trip again soon if the lake gives some calm. Only thing using dipsys it’s not as fun catching them as flat-lining, I’d call it meat fishing. Looks like Perch fishing is picking up, that would be more fun anyway plus can catch an odd Walleye in the mess.👍👍😀 That below was my share

Attachments

• IMG_6214.jpeg
    IMG_6214.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Agreed meat fishing with all the heavy gear but damn that's some yummy meat. Spent 1/2 the day Sunday dragging trout lures hopping for a fight. Pik feed tonight will be worth it. I got the order for a perch dinner. So next time out will be light lines and no surfing fish in. I'd still rather clean 6 piks than 50 perch.

Thats awesome Dave 😀...good to see there in closer ...kinda getting tired of burning the gas to get out to 100fow plus 🙄...we got out today around noonish aft Doctor's appt. ..we boxed a 2 man limit by 130ish..😀...went out deep to 105fow plus...hoping for a coho or bow for the bbq...but nadda 🙄...lots of eyes stacked up out there still 😮...had to keep a couple small ones because of the air bladder blown out 🙄...oh man was it hot out there today...not complaining tho 🤣..cheers 🍻🎣

Attachments

• 20231002_134329.jpg
    20231002_134329.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 16
Thats awesome Dave 😀...good to see there in closer ...kinda getting tired of burning the gas to get out to 100fow plus 🙄...we got out today around noonish aft Doctor's appt. ..we boxed a 2 man limit by 130ish..😀...went out deep to 105fow plus...hoping for a coho or bow for the bbq...but nadda 🙄...lots of eyes stacked up out there still 😮...had to keep a couple small ones because of the air bladder blown out 🙄...oh man was it hot out there today...not complaining tho 🤣..cheers 🍻🎣
Show off! :LOL: 😂

Ok...now I'm showing off ..🤣🤣🤣
Thats great Dave you got into them again. Hope things are OK with you after the phone call.
I'm thinking tomorrow I may do a solo trip, my buddy that was with me Sunday is heading to Nova Scotia to a friends place to do some Stripper fishing. Sunday was great out there, like glass, man did it ever bring out the boats, I saw boats as far as we could see. (y) :D

Thats great Dave you got into them again. Hope things are OK with you after the phone call.
I'm thinking tomorrow I may do a solo trip, my buddy that was with me Sunday is heading to Nova Scotia to a friends place to do some Stripper fishing. Sunday was great out there, like glass, man did it ever bring out the boats, I saw boats as far as we could see. (y) :D
Thx...was all good..I tried calling you back a couple times but the notorious cell phone reception at Maitland was at its finest 🙄🤣🍻🎣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks