maitland tuesday

gilfisher

20170704_133022.jpg Lines on by by 730am...same program as yesterday 72 fow baits 60ft down managed 3 in the box..lost a couple .lots of sheeps and silvers..they still a bit scattered but its gonna get better wont be able to get back out for couple weeks heading up to cottage in quebec...time for the north pics pike and bass lol

We ended the day with one Walleye. Must have put on 30 miles today looking for active Perch. Marked lots of stuff on bottom, Perch who knows.
I guess we should have stuck with trolling for Walleye. The one Walleye we caught was east of Mohawk Island 55 FOW down 45' on a Chrome Blue Harness back 150 on the rigger.
Guess we should have driven to Port Bruce for Perch.

Yes dave we didnt mark much baitballs but what we thought was bait on bottom was possibly perch because we did catch a 6inch perch on a harness on monday running line just off the bottom...when that damn east wind rolled in yesterday everything shut down grr

The perch are definitely in at Port Bruce FF and lots of jumbos! :)
Thanks WR. I'll have to set up a trip down there with a few guys.
I do the Maitland thing because it's closer for me.

Yes dave we didnt mark much baitballs but what we thought was bait on bottom was possibly perch because we did catch a 6inch perch on a harness on monday running line just off the bottom...when that damn east wind rolled in yesterday everything shut down grr
I think I'm going solo tomorrow, the guys are saying it's to hot tomorrow.
May do a little Bass & Walleye fishing around Tecumseh.
May try a little jiggin for Walleye.

Thanks WR. I'll have to set up a trip down there with a few guys.
I do the Maitland thing because it's closer for me.

I like closer to home as well FF, travelling time cuts into fishing time. ;)
My home location here in the central basin fortunately allows me access to 3 ports all within 30 min. and Lake St. Clair 1 hour.

Hope you had luck going solo today because your buddies can't take the heat.
I know the hot weather is no problem for you after reading about your 12 hour walleye adventures last season in 35 degree heat. :D:D

I like closer to home as well FF, travelling time cuts into fishing time. ;)
My home location here in the central basin fortunately allows me access to 3 ports all within 30 min. and Lake St. Clair 1 hour.

Hope you had luck going solo today because your buddies can't take the heat.
I know the hot weather is no problem for you after reading about your 12 hour walleye adventures last season in 35 degree heat. :D:D

Thanks Wave Runner
Here's my not so good report.
On the water at 7 am was back at the launch at 8 pm.
No Walleye, about a dozen Silver Bass, 1 Small Mouth and a couple Sheephead.
Started out with a ride to Tecumseh, fished for smallies and only 1 caught.
Decided to go to out deeper for Walleye off Tecumseh caught 2 Sheephead,
trolled back towards the fingers pulled lines and motored back, 85FOW got there and marked fish constantly.
I couldn't get both lines down without getting a Silver bass on. I left there and went into the can off Mohawk,
I don't know what ever is on the bottom, but my screen was lite up steady with fish or whatever, I spot-Locked on the trench inside the can and jigged the marks on bottom, Nada touch.
I had enough looking a stuff on the screen plus I was cooked. Headed in.
Hope someone else did better than me.
Anyone know where you can buy Dynamite?:confused::LOL:
Now for a day's rest:hungover:

o_O... :wideyed:... :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:.... at first I thought surely to goodness I must have read it wrong... but I didn't! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Your post was so hilarious... I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type a reply. :cry: :hilarious:
@Fish Farmer... WOW! your quite the guy I must admit... 13 hours on the water in that heat!!! :eek:
No wonder your friends didn't want to go out with you and I thought they were just whimps... :sorry: guys! :LOL: :D
I could maybe do that when I was 30 but not a chance now... you are one die-hard tough cookie my friend. (y)(y)(y)(y)
I think you earned a day off for rest and man I really do sincerely wish you better luck next time out. :D:D

Also much thanks to @gilfisher for starting this thread otherwise I may not of had the humorous pleasure of reading yours. :cool: :p

Last edited:
13 hrs..omg..die hard to say the least lmfao...im off the water by noon then my ass in the pool by 2 with a frosty beverage ...i will have a drink for you next time ff...hey just thought land farmers work sun up to sun down ....your handle on 68 most appropriate lmao

:LOL::LOL: My buddys are reading this and saying, you see why we canceled!!! HE'S NUT'S:wacky::wacky::wacky:
Thank goodness Windfinder is saying rough for the next 4,5 days.(y)
Face and arms will recoup from the sun:arghh:.:)

Back