Maitland Report

Fish Farmer

Did Maitland yesterday, on the water at 6:45 am. and off at 6 pm.
1 Walleye and 10 Sheephead early. then shut off the rest of the day.
Myself, I think this stormy weather has them shut down.
I hardly marked anything. I fished in close for awhile and ended out as far as 72 FOW and Nada.
Just before I headed in after trolling back I marked some small marks near bottom in 46 FOW so I stopped and jigged.
I put split Zoom on and was marking what ever coming in checking my Buck Shot and leaving, not-a -touch.
I Packed it in, had enough.

Ya maitland blows I think I’m giving up on it. It’s the same distance for me to fish the central basin. I like being able to fish the river though.
I fished yesterday evening in my kayak, went out to 42fow went back and forth did some circles and nothing.
Went to the river and caught some sheephead.

Now that's tough fishing!
Me And a buddy went to the Budwiser walleye tournament weigh in last Saturday in port colborn.. Half the field came up dry and didn't weigh in at all. Many that went west to maitland/ tecumseh said it was bad tough fishing.
"8rods 7hrs of fishing just 1 walleye" was one angler. Another angler was "8 rods pulling from 30-80fow not a single walleye just lakers and rainbows".
There was just few teams that entered a full box(4fish) with some big fish but only a few. 13.18lbs big fish and 36.25lbs total 4fish weight was 1st place.
Maitland is always a go to place for many anglers during that tournament and this year maitland/tecumseh was the down fall for many by the sounds of it.

I was out at the fingers from 3-6 pm yesterday as well. Ended with 2 bows, 1- 5.5 lb eye and a white bass. Thankfully no sheep.
Not marking much but did find the odd group that looked like stacked walleye.
All on 5-7 col lead with redfins. 3-4 leadcore did nothing. Nothing on spoons. Didnt bring worms so didnt try harnesses. Marked lots of smaller stuff high in the water column but no luck there.
Was ok with that being close to home and 1st time out in my own boat this season.

That is a long day for 1 eye FF, we went out in the bay ,not a single smallmouth, moved to the weeds on the north side.
Got 11 largemouth ,1 around 4 1/2 lb. I think the smallmouth are done for year.

Yeah ive had good luck in the grand same line same time as last year i pulled 2 20" inch pickeral out and a 5lbs sheep my brother aslo caught a 14" pickeral while were out after work last thursdaypossably going tonight tomorrow and monday to wet a line will be posti g results

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks