Maitland monday

Cuba

Hit Maitland for some walleyes in the morning lots of boats out there. Stayed away from the pack fishing in between the island and the pack. Trolled led core with worm harnesses and nothing. Noticed that the fish finder was marking only in the top twenty feet so switched to boost baits and nailed two walleye in 15 minutes then nothing and called it a day. We fished 68 feet of water. IMG_20190716_072108_01.jpg

Hit Maitland for some walleyes in the morning lots of boats out there. Stayed away from the pack fishing in between the island and the pack. Trolled led core with worm harnesses and nothing. Noticed that the fish finder was marking only in the top twenty feet so switched to boost baits and nailed two walleye in 15 minutes then nothing and called it a day. We fished 68 feet of water. View attachment 15871
I was out last Thursday and we boxed 9 could have easily had 2man limit but got blown off. We stayed in 40 to 50fow weaving through the clear and stained water. I wasnt marking much of anything when I ventured out over 50fow. I believe the big migration hasn't shown up yet.. getting close tho. It's not a surprise to me you had success running your lines in the top 20ft of water because the bottom temps are still cold around 50 degrees at them depths. I hope to get out again soon and will post results. ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks