Maitland Friday

Fish Farmer

12 to 20 FOW near Mohawk 6 am to 10 am. flat-lining white worm harness and 1 oz snap. 200 back. plus lots of Sheep.

Attachments

• 65238687850__9EABFCC6-B13E-4FD3-9871-75369871334F.jpg
    65238687850__9EABFCC6-B13E-4FD3-9871-75369871334F.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 65238819557__A60B82BC-C83F-4AA1-A530-7C320D915CB0.jpg
    65238819557__A60B82BC-C83F-4AA1-A530-7C320D915CB0.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 83
Fish Farmer definitely did not have the honey hole to himself. I pulled into to the area when there were only 2 boats and an hour or two later there were maybe a dozen or more. I stayed out of the pack closer to shore because my 23ft walkaround is to big for close quarters shallow water fishing when I am solo. It was funny though, when FF pulled out of the pack and went east for a while the rest of the boats also scattered in four directions.

I was longlining as well but was having trouble with the quick depth changes where I was fishing in 10-20ft of water, and managing the boat when I snagged. I ended up having to use long leads off the riggers so that I could raise and lower the lines quickly when the bottom changed. Never thought that I would have riggers set at 8ft. Eventually my soon to be surgically repaired shoulder gave up and I had to head for deeper water where there is not as much steering needed. I think that I pushed you off your line on my way out of the area Fish Farmer, sorry about that. Marked some bait and fish out in 70ft of water but no takers.

Big wind on the north shore last night and the water is really muddy. Hopefully it won't push the fish away.

Just curious here. I have the maitland river crossing the back of my property up here in Huron County where I live, When the Maitland is referred to on this post what is it in reference too?

Just curious here. I have the maitland river crossing the back of my property up here in Huron County where I live, When the Maitland is referred to on this post what is it in reference too?
They be referring to port maitland..which is where the Grand river meets the Erie.

Fish Farmer definitely did not have the honey hole to himself. I pulled into to the area when there were only 2 boats and an hour or two later there were maybe a dozen or more. I stayed out of the pack closer to shore because my 23ft walkaround is to big for close quarters shallow water fishing when I am solo. It was funny though, when FF pulled out of the pack and went east for a while the rest of the boats also scattered in four directions.

I was longlining as well but was having trouble with the quick depth changes where I was fishing in 10-20ft of water, and managing the boat when I snagged. I ended up having to use long leads off the riggers so that I could raise and lower the lines quickly when the bottom changed. Never thought that I would have riggers set at 8ft. Eventually my soon to be surgically repaired shoulder gave up and I had to head for deeper water where there is not as much steering needed. I think that I pushed you off your line on my way out of the area Fish Farmer, sorry about that. Marked some bait and fish out in 70ft of water but no takers.

Big wind on the north shore last night and the water is really muddy. Hopefully it won't push the fish away.
done working that was you in the big white glass boat that asked how I was doing, not a problem I was all over that area zig zaging around. Hope you got your fish. Few of the other boats there where buddies of mine. they didn't do as well, we talk back and forth on the cell. My one buddy had enough me catching and he left early, pissed because using the same as me and only had one fish.:eek: We worked together for years.. He said I must have Walleye up my ass :D It happens like that it's just luck of the draw.(y)
Will be giving that a try tomorrow morning @Fish Farmer .
What speed do you troll with that set up.
And I'm surprised you don't get snagged 🎣🎣
Believe me I get snagged plus hook weeds there, keeps me busy checking lines all the time. It's hard to control the speed currant and the wind and direction. I'm any where from 1.9 to 2.5 sometimes I speed up when I get shallow. I think those fish are hanging around those weeds.

done working that was you in the big white glass boat that asked how I was doing, not a problem I was all over that area zig zaging around. Hope you got your fish. Few of the other boats there where buddies of mine. they didn't do as well, we talk back and forth on the cell. My one buddy had enough me catching and he left early, pissed because using the same as me and only had one fish.:eek: We worked together for years.. He said I must have Walleye up my ass :D It happens like that it's just luck of the draw.(y)

Believe me I get snagged plus hook weeds there, keeps me busy checking lines all the time. It's hard to control the speed currant and the wind and direction. I'm any where from 1.9 to 2.5 sometimes I speed up when I get shallow. I think those fish are hanging around those weeds.
Ok, thanks. Was curious about that. Keep up the good fishing. We were out with the grandkids in Saturday night. Fish shallower water towards Tecumseh...nada even a sniff😩

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks