Luther Marsh

Bruno

We have been hunting Luther Marsh on Saturdays as its best to avoid that Marsh on opening day. Not a lot of hunters, I guess most guys just hunt opening day. The birds are there. Got our four man limit the last two Saturdays. Mallards are still being hammered and we were seeing a lot of flocks of Widgeon and Pintails. Nice to see that the migrators are coming down. I can't wait for the Big red legged Mallards to get here.

Good to know!! Anywhere to stay nearby? Cheap hotels? Can't hunt Luther on a Sunday either can you?

Shoot straight, Eat Fresh

Luther marsh is an awesome place to shoot your limit ( no matter how many guys)
Last year, we had a 3 man limit by 8:30
So many birds, you have to see it to believe it
No joke!
http://emob280.photobucket.com/albums/kk198/aullyd/LuthermarshSept23.jpg

When times are tough,
and flocks are small,
take your time,
and kill 'em all!

No shooting at Luther Marsh on Sundays, Tuesdays or Thursdays. Check "Luther Marsh" string on "Out of Doors". Hunting not good, water levels very low.

if no hunting on sunday wasn't the picture taken on sept. 23 which was a sunday not looking to cause a stir but only noticed that

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

Since I'm in that picture. I'll weigh in here. That photo was opening day (Saturday)last year. That picture was actually taken by the federal wildlife officer after he checked out our catch. The pair of them were riding around on ATV's doing checks. We've always done well there even when others don't. The water levels are a bit low but we have the right equipment, know how to call and hunt with a guy who knows that Marsh well.

Most guys commenting on Luther marsh hunt there every weekend
Lots of guys that we talked to give out false info in attempts to distract other hunters
From hunting there
You just have to go there and see for yourself I guess
There are lots of "skybusters" there though, but the key is to have patience and work em in
Happy hunting!

Hey guys, just thought to let u know about luther,
I've hunted luther marsh for about 10 year now, and have done ton's of scouting off and on season ect., and have hunted from the boat and shore ect. and have never gotten my limit or hardly a bird, and hunted w groups in boats and on shore ect. and even the pheasant/rabbits/partridge when they where their and never got 1 either!!!!!but did get at some shooting at a very few, but always found more kills from foxes and cayotes than anything else over the years!!!
i live about 30+ mins. away, and hunted openner once 6years ago and bring ur safety glasses, to sheild your eye's from all the pellets!!!!, the lake shinned silver from all the pellets, and my poor wife was with me, cause i had phnemonia and she didn't want me to go alone!!!(w ton's and tons of other guys, shooting from the road and launches ect!!!. the old guys love shooting from the roads and launches all day!!!!!), so on that opening day we saw 2 groups of 8 guys in the far back of the park where the road goes, w 2 guys in 2 boats, laying down, so when the ducks flew over, they would yell at the guys on the boats and they would pop up and start shooting, but problem was it was hooded merganzers and coots only, so the guys in the boats got mad at the guys on shore, and where yelling till noon at each other, so we left!!!!and the MNR showed up their cause of all the yelling, and told them the story, and they took off to deal w this asap. and oh ya and any other day up to this year guys in boats love chassing the roosting ducks and geese in the middle of the lake,so they are thinking of banning motor boat their, cause of this(very sad!!)!!! and have reported several poeple to derek and charles, the CO's who work their, and have reported them to rick my MNR buddy too.
also i have been almost shot a few years ago, hunting from shore, guys where hunting deer and thought i was one, and the 1 guys said to his buddy, shot into the bushed their to flush him out, i think i see a deer sleeping in their!! so i stood up and said no, dont shoot, and they gave me **** cause they almost shot me???i said u where just going to shoot in bushes, then they shot like 20 sheels for over 2 hrs at nothing, just to ruin my hunt their. and not to mention all the target practice that people do in the feilds their too.i haven't been in 2 year, cause all of this. also i wonder if that idiot, still set-up his trailer/tarp and take all the parking spots at the mallard pond and i got into i yelling match w him, cause he thought if he took up all the spots for parking,no one else could hunt their, MAN WAS HE WRONG!!!!!after 3 years, he got the boot permenatly.
but i'm happy bruno,dicker,john do well and am sure poeple do, do well hunting their, but when u got over 10-15 times a year to luther and get nothing, or have guys going through ur decoys 10 mins before shooting time(happens 90% of the time!!!), it's pretty BAD!!!
i go anywhere else, all over ontario the last 15 years and limit out 80% of the time and feild hunting limit out their ect. and even bought a frigin blk lab this year, and is getting fully trained to help me out retreiving the game, cuase i'm old and beat up, from working so hard over the years duck hunting.
maybe i should hook up w these guys to get alittle help here???i have everything and anything needed for duck hunting, and my buddies do guided hunts and are on t.v. ect. and luther is the craziest, most hit and miss spot i have ever seen.sorry for the rant, just still upset a nice park like this has gotten so bad...i'll try to figure out how to post, pic's they say too big???

Sounds just like a guy who has hunted there for over ten years, lives close (oops it is) lol and probably doeesn't want too many hunters there.. LOL. We've hunter there and got our limit each time. I will ABSOLUTELY agree with the sky busters and a lot of shot been thrown around. They must be shooting at something?

Sounds like another local
Maybe we just get em all on opening day, and that leaves nothing for everyone else:D
I've posted pictures of full limits from the Luther in the past, pictures say a thousand words

When times are tough,
and flocks are small,
take your time,
and kill 'em all!

Bruno glad to hear you are shooting limits. I will have to get back there and do some shoot'in. I will bring my hardhat and safty glasses :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks