Lund SSV-16 or Fury 1600 ?

Duxbware

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hi, I am buying a new hull for fishing the bay, and some hunting. mostly divers on open water.

I have a trailer, and near new 30hp ETEC tiller w/ power trim/tilt that I'll be powering it with.

I was considering these two boats. Can anyone who has/had one comment on them?

I can't go much bigger/wider than theses two hulls, or it won't fit in my small garage at the lake house unfortunately.

Thanks!

They're the same boat when it comes to the hull. The Fury has a floor, deck, seats, etc. The SSV is bare bones. I used an SSV-16 for ducks and light fishing. Put a big homemade blind on it on the fall. I also had a 30hp Etec and it pushed that boat about 28mph. Lots of power. It can run very shallow and it light enough to use a push pole effectively when needed. My only issue was that because it was so light, it was hard to keep the front end down in any head wind. But I had manual trim, so maybe with electric trim you'd be able to trim all the way down easily to solve that problem.

IMG-20210119-085002.jpg

Hi, I am buying a new hull for fishing the bay, and some hunting. mostly divers on open water.

I have a trailer, and near new 30hp ETEC tiller w/ power trim/tilt that I'll be powering it with.

I was considering these two boats. Can anyone who has/had one comment on them?

I can't go much bigger/wider than theses two hulls, or it won't fit in my small garage at the lake house unfortunately.

Thanks!
Last year I bought a new SSV-16 with 40 ETEC with power trim electric start was easy to build the two floor sections I mounted a 10gal tank in the front keeps the nose where I want top speed 32mph thicker hull than the WC-16 I fish mostly the outer bay alone have been for the last 40 years no regret's on the boat or motor I have a 221 al Starcraft that just sits in the yard now was looking at the Fury but was not worth the price difference for me we all add our own upgrades anyways

Thanks guys! Look like the SSV-16 will be what I order. I’ll be getting fall marsh colour, and I’m gonna order the front casting deck. (So the wife candy to sun tan).
Thanks a million for the input.

Just looked up the options. That deck would be sweet. They didn't have that option when I bought mine. Good choice!

They're the same boat when it comes to the hull. The Fury has a floor, deck, seats, etc. The SSV is bare bones. I used an SSV-16 for ducks and light fishing. Put a big homemade blind on it on the fall. I also had a 30hp Etec and it pushed that boat about 28mph. Lots of power. It can run very shallow and it light enough to use a push pole effectively when needed. My only issue was that because it was so light, it was hard to keep the front end down in any head wind. But I had manual trim, so maybe with electric trim you'd be able to trim all the way down easily to solve that problem.

IMG-20210119-085002.jpg
Where's the boat, LOL??

Thanks guys! Look like the SSV-16 will be what I order. I’ll be getting fall marsh colour, and I’m gonna order the front casting deck. (So the wife candy to sun tan).
Thanks a million for the input.

You can’t go wrong. I had the SSV for years and it was an excellent hunting/fishing boat. I ran it many times on the bay and on Erie. They are very seaworthy!

Another vote for the SSV here! Been using one on bay for 10 years and has been great, my sons are now able to take off on their own with it being 40hp and we had the red colour wrapped for upcoming duck season, can't wait!Lund.jpg

Wow I don't what I would think if I seen that ball of reeds coming towards me 28 mph. 😂

Well. Looks like this is on hold. Dealer just told me that he can’t order any more SSV FOR 2022. Lund says sold out. Need to wait until 2022 to order 2023. 🤬

Another vote for the SSV here! Been using one on bay for 10 years and has been great, my sons are now able to take off on their own with it being 40hp and we had the red colour wrapped for upcoming duck season, can't wait!View attachment 44777
Awesome! Love the pic! Did you make a bracket on the front to mount a minn Kota?

Awesome! Love the pic! Did you make a bracket on the front to mount a minn Kota?
Yes...well..dealer made if for us, can remove and install motor in seconds. They also did the removeable Scotty rod holders and ram mount gps. Always seem to be adding something to it each year, lol!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks