Lund boat leaking

CourtLund

I have a 13year Lund explorer that has a small leak and a couple suspicious looking rivets. I was just told that Lunds warranty doesn’t cover single rivets just double riveted seams?? Anyone have any experience with this? Am I in for a huge bill to repair the leak? Not super happy with Lund’s “superior performance and durability” right now!!!

Attachments

• B27270B1-7E95-4930-B5FC-2F925D722CA5.jpeg
    B27270B1-7E95-4930-B5FC-2F925D722CA5.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 245C4CE8-9518-4CED-A1C6-5C99B0B681B4.jpeg
    245C4CE8-9518-4CED-A1C6-5C99B0B681B4.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 135
How bad is the leak I had same thing if it’s bad just not rivets under the keel guard the boat has split I fixed mine myself so far so good pm me and I can explain

It's very easy to replace those with blind rivets if you can't access the backside to buck them tight again. Dab a little 3M 5200 on the rivet shank and you're good to go. I ordered my rivets from Spaenaur last year. I went over every rivet on the bottom with a suction cup and if it didn't hold suction I replaced it. Cured 99% of my water problems.

Are you sure that drip on the keel is a leak or is it just the keel draining? How much water are you getting on a trip?

If you can reach that rivit inside the boat you could try "bucking" it to tighten it but that's a two man job . I had so many loose rivits in my aluminum Starcraft duckboat from hunting during ice up I just used JB Weld on them. Worked great !

They sell revits called blind revits no need to access the back side drill the leaking one out then revit princess sells a air powered one if you have a few to replace.Also the second pic looks like the keel is just draining,but we aren't there.....good luck finding and fixing

If you just need some rivets let me know. I have a few boxes of larger aluminum and steel rivets left over that I used when I replaced my Lund Alaskans transom..I can send you some.

The easiest way to stop the leak is to buy some silicone that can be used below the water line, clean up the area around the leaking rivet and apply a little silicone around it. It worked 100% on my Starcraft Fisherman. I now have a Lund as well but no leaks to date. I used blind rivets on my first Starcraft but they eventually leaked. Figured after two Starcraft I would switch brands.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!!! There’s only a few L of water in there after a day of trolling. Not enough to kick on the bilge... I’ll try to stop the leaks first before replacing...

I had a few rivets leaking at end of last year. So this spring I used gluvit, it's a waterproof epoxy sealer. I put the drain plug in my boat added water with garden hose so I could see which rivers were leaking. I marked the rivets from under the boat and then drained the water, cleaned the spots with smooth sandpaper and then mixed the resin with the epoxy and painted it on the rivets that were leaking with a paint brush and I don't have anymore water in the bottom of the boat. Been out a bunch of times so far so good

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks