LPB Sat Aug 17th

sea star

Trolled for eyes 21/2 hours south of the shoal in 90-95 fow...a little shallower for a bit. The eyes were of a smaller class than we have been seeing but hitting at 25-45 down on cores and DD only running harnesses. Picked up and ran out to deep water off the tip to fish bows at about 10. Set up in 150 fow and figured we would have to troll out to 170 fow to get a consistent bite. No go.....they started hitting in 165 for down 71 and 75 on the riggers....blue/pink/silver spoons were the only ones to take hits.....had three out pretty quick. Fun day and perfect weather. Switching up the gear and going to lake o for a few days this week. Have fun on the bay.

I was out in the afternoon that day washing lures. Tried 120 fow couldn't find anything went back to 80 to 90 marked a lot but no takers.
Good luck on Lake O let us know how you do. Thanks for the report
DB

Thanks again Norv for the bow tips. It was a fantastic day out there yesterday. Water was glass all day long. Actually got calmer as the day went on. Loved it. For report purposes, started morning off fishing for eyes. We trolled south towards pt along the ridge in about 78 fow. with great markings. They appeared to all be below the 50 foot mark. Took our first eye off dipsy set on 3 back 210'. continued to troll the same area and managed another eye in the box and lost one.

Then took advantage of the calm waters and headed out past the point and went west a for a cpl ams. Then started to troll south from 80fow to 135fow. Didn't even get my 2nd rigger set before the other fired. Took Norv's advice and set all rigs between 65' to 75'. Paid off. Boxed 2 bows and lost a few. ( long story) Also caught an eye out there when we least expected. Added to our count which was nice. Caught on rig 60' down in about 110 fow. While out in the deep aiming for bows I was using short leads from 15' to 25' from the ball and still managed an eye.

Great day to be out there to say the least.

Stats:
boxed 3 eyes lost 2 at boat ( line cut on ladder )
boxed 2 bows lost 3 ( fun without a net)
lost a few spoons
lost my net to the lake (time to go buy my 2nd one this season. Next one will float )

Sounds like some good entertainment Scott lol. I've done the same years ago we had the net laying on the roof, it slipped into the water when we were trolling I pulled a rod from the rigger to try and snag into it but down she went. The next one was a floater lol. Great report, Norv sure knows where to find those fish after they move out of the bay. I use to run south of the point years ago with my dad and we always found the bows over there. I may have to wander over there again. Keep up the good reports @sea star , @10-7

Dave

I was actually east of the tip. I would have gone west if I had to but with all the west wind we have had east of the tip seemed like a good bet and was closer from where I picked up east of the shoal.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks