LPB offshore July 13

sea star

Fish are still hanging around. Set lines at about 08:30 heading west with the waves...bumpy am. Took a good hit on the 8 core but it never made it to the boat (likely a bow). Got one eye as we got to Tuesdays marks...kept going with the waves for a bit but turned east when we got to 65 fow. They got more active as the wind died and the sun came up. Took 4 bows and 3 more eyes as well a some silver bass. Lost two eyes in a row off of cores.....glad they were not slated for tonights supper. Pulled lines at 2:00 and headed for the beach. Mostly spoon bite with copper/ gold colours. Three of the eyes we boated came off a small wally diver in clown colours....all other hits were spoons. Be back at them Monday afternoon.....leave some out there.

Fish are still hanging around. Set lines at about 08:30 heading west with the waves...bumpy am. Took a good hit on the 8 core but it never made it to the boat (likely a bow). Got one eye as we got to Tuesdays marks...kept going with the waves for a bit but turned east when we got to 65 fow. They got more active as the wind died and the sun came up. Took 4 bows and 3 more eyes as well a some silver bass. Lost two eyes in a row off of cores.....glad they were not slated for tonights supper. Pulled lines at 2:00 and headed for the beach. Mostly spoon bite with copper/ gold colours. Three of the eyes we boated came off a small wally diver in clown colours....all other hits were spoons. Be back at them Monday afternoon.....leave some out there.
Thanks Norv,
I plan to give her a try tomorrow. I deferred after looking at the forecast last night. When they say the 15 knot winds will lighten up in the morning they don't say at what time. When its a NE wind on LPB that usually means after 11:00 am.
Cheers, Arnie

Awesome catch Norv...Yes I can finally play out there tomorrow as well. I will post my results. Great to hear you had success. Predicting a good forecast for tomorrow. Should even get calmer as the day goes on. Love that. Monday and Tuesday are calling for even better weather and water conditions. Tempting..lol See you out there Arnie.

Cheers

10-7

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks