Fishing Report LPB Lighthouse - Walleye/Bow - Tuesday, Aug29th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Tried LPB for the first time this season with usual partner Albert. We headed to Piggott's Post and circled deeper towards the Lighthouse. The weather was about as good as it gets. We trolled using riggers and dipsy's for 3 hours and caught 4 walleye and one Bow. Most came off an A.C. Shiner, down 50 feet. Albert caught all but one with his shiny, never used, A.C. Shiner that was in the original box priced at $7.00. We tried in 65 to 110 fow. Surface temp was 71 F and 90 fow produced 3 of 5. There were about a half dozen boats out there plus a few commercial vessels dragging for smelt.

Got out today in the same area with the old AC Shiner. Caught 10 walleye lost 3 at the boat as well as two bows.All but two came off that beat up old lure. The other two came off a Smithwick that resembles the Shiner. The other 3 rods we had out never got a sniff.

Attachments

• IMG_20230901_163058.jpg
    IMG_20230901_163058.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20230901_154422.jpg
    IMG_20230901_154422.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 67
Got out today in the same area with the old AC Shiner. Caught 10 walleye lost 3 at the boat as well as two bows.All but two came off that beat up old lure. The other two came off a Smithwick that resembles the Shiner. The other 3 rods we had out never got a sniff.
Those gotta be the ugliest baits I’ve even seen lol
Congrats on the catch

Thanks for the repost Scotts. I guess I should have switched to an AC Shiner or at least a similar Rapala. I stuck with my favorite spoons and even tried worms while Albert was catching all the fish. I had 3 AC's in my box but not the same color as Albert's. Sounds like your AC worked but all I had was silver/blue and black.

Thanks for the repost Scotts. I guess I should have switched to an AC Shiner or at least a similar Rapala. I stuck with my favorite spoons and even tried worms while Albert was catching all the fish. I had 3 AC's in my box but not the same color as Albert's. Sounds like your AC worked but all I had was silver/blue and black.

Never doubt the possibilities. LoL

I put an unusual Michigan Stinger from looooong ago into the water to the first time ever two trips ago. Put both walleye and a bow in the boat.

Last trip put it back in and it started right back where it left off. 😁

This pathetic looking spoon still put five or six quality keepers in the net last trip and it has even less paint now than in the picture. 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks