LPB Jan 26th Report + Electric Auger Report

ch312

I headed out from St Williams and put a few clicks on the ATV trying many places from close to shore near St Willy's to 8.5 fow at EC10 and then over towards Old Cut before heading back towards the truck. I ended up icing maybe 20 under 10" and brought home 5 in the 11-12" range. All fish came from two holes...Close to shore near St Willy's in 4 fow and on the southern edge of huts. I think it was 6.5 fow there?

Water clarity - murky everywhere I tried except for EC10 where I could easily see bottom.

Ice travel - ice is excellent for an ATV and the pressure crack out towards EC10 is easily crossed at a few spots.

Ice thickness - this ranged from 10-12" in shallower area's to about 8-9" out at EC10.

As for the auger report, a couple weeks ago I picked up a Clam auger plate that allows you to use your cordless drill with a manual auger to drill holes. These thing's are so nice to use I plan on selling my 10" Jiffy Stealth as I don't think I'll be using it anymore. Using a Ridgid 18v X4 and 6" Fin Bor Micro auger I am able to drill 40-45 holes per battery in 12" of clear ice (as tested on Simcoe).

There is no gas, starting process, warming up, cooling down before transporting, or loud noise with this thing. So small and so much easier to use. Highly recommended!

SDC10834_zps409ff3b3.jpg

SDC10833_zps642e6659.jpg

I have the same set up only I made a 12" extension for mine. This is awesome. Been using the drill for years with no problems even 24" ice up north. I got mine Clam holder at Bass Pro this year and love it so far, easier on the hands.
Doug

Normal drill...

I got mine from Sail for $70 or 80. It would be relatively easy to make with some aluminum plate, pipe for handles and an ATV wheel bearing. The adapter would be the only hard part as it would need to be machined.

Yup. $75 at Bass Pro. Plus it has the linkage to activate the trigger on the drill which is very handy.

It's on sale for $50 at bass pro right now. Tried mine for the first time today works pretty good

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks