LPB Ice Huts ??

jamieharrower24

My brother and I are thinking about moving up from the portable huts and possibly making one this year to use out in the bay. Is there any restrictions or regs that need to be followed for this? I know the cpl times Ive been up north some places the hut needs to be registered or something like that. Also I recall seeing huts locked up just on the edge of shore last year when we came off the ice at St Williams at the bottom of the hile. Is it allowed to leave your hut out on the ice secured or on the shore line secured rather than lugging it back and forth time?
I have a ATV and snowmobile more than capale to tow them out there so size and weight is not an issue as far as towing them out. Any info apprecieated .

Jamie

You will find the registration requirements in the Ontario Fishing MNR regulation booklet and online. Yes you can leave the hut on the ice, as long as there is ice. Leave it unattended and not watch the weather where it is like a hawk and you may turn it into a boat. I don't know how many times the huts had to be pulled off last year just in time.

Good luck Jamie and I hope there is ice this year, even if I don't get to fish I won't have waves crashing on the breakwall.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks