LPB bass

meridian

Wifey wants to go fishing tomorrow, are there any bass around the bay or are they all out deep.

Bass are no where this week....was out along the north shore.......east of Long Point....at Fisher's Glen...and the rock pile....
not one bass to speak of. Wish you luck. Let me know if you find any.....was out Wednesday for 4 hours....managed a gobie, and 3 perch.
Ken

Hello, largies have been really hit and miss this summer. The inner bay north shore weed flats have been the most productive for me. I usually start out with a top water search bait (buzz bait or popper), then switch to a spinnerbait or shallow crankbait or swim bait, if that doesn't work I put on a jig, soft plastic or senko and start pitching to isolated weed spots. Last Sunday I did okay in front of port Rowan and down by st.williams east towards Turkey Point. Good luck in your search. Chris.

I have found the fishing more "miss and miss' this year. Good luck. I guess you have a better chance of catching one if you are fishing than sitting around complaining about it.

If any fish is less effected by warm water I find it would be Large Mouth. We fished Cuba some years back and that water was like bath water. Something like low 90's. But they bit and in the shallows too.

Went out by port Rowan landed 7 out of 10 LM, started with white spoke, ended with black white spinnerbait. Was fishing big open holes in the weeds, seen lots of bait fish moving close to the surface.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks