LPB AUG 5th

sea star

When I got to where I've been fishing lately I counted 20 boats within sight....plus the trawlers.....obviously a weekend . We set up in 90 fow and headed straight SE until we took a fish.....we then just trolled a big figure 8. Lots of big bows, 2 eyes (one good one), 1 lake trout, 2 bass, a few sheep.........A 4 and a 6 year old who were all smiles. The eyes were on harnesses with cores and everything else hit bright spoons off of riggers. We fished from 1:15 till 4:15 with 7 lines......once we found fish it was pretty steady. Only had enough worms to run the harnesses for one fish each....too bad but my own fault for not checking. We did loose a nice bow off of a DD set at #2 180 back just before packing up. For us this year we have been most successful when we fish a small area after we take our first hit. Today we fished outside of most boats after an initial troll through the honey hole from last week and found a lot of bait and fish. Couldn't ask for better fishing weather...flies could have stayed away.

Thanks for the report Norv. Beautiful weather for sure and like you said, lots of people out fishing.

Yes Norv, I'm guessing there would be many more boats out there. Oh well, more feedback the better. Sounds like you had yourself a fantastic day out there with the grandchildren. I will have to pick your brain for the that honey hole. lol Not sure when I will be out next. Will aim for weekend like everyone else.

Great report
Cheers

Scott

Wow! Another great day!

Yep; we saw lots of boats out there too but seemed everyone was deep. Thanks for the suggestion on figure 8's and think we will follow that lead next time. Great graphs early in the day but started to peeter out later.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks