LPB Aug 12th

sea star

Well the rain stopped but the wind picked up. Headed out a bit after three and set up west of the shoal in 100 fow. Set lines and just went for a leisurely east roll with the waves. Dipped in and out a bit to 90 fow and 105 fow. Took eyes at all depths once we got about due south of the shoal. 1/2 off the rigger, 1 on the 8 core, 1 on a diver set 120 back on a 3, 1 on the 5 core and the rest all came on the 7 core (stud rod the past couple trips). The rigger shots were on a watermelon spoon back 5 feet from the ball to get some action on it. All the rest were harnesses since that's what was out there. GPS speed 1.6-1.9 . One four hour troll eastward then a slog home to Dover....with lots of meat. Sheephead were not bad and the silver bass seemed to have gone out with the bows.

Sounds like a great afternoon run! Ive heard tell of a Pennsylvania ridge south of the point, have you ever ventured out there ?

Wow Norv, you did fantastic out there. Was it all eyes you caught? 5' leads off ball for eyes???? So....you have confirmed the trolling east is the way to go. Good to know. Not sure when I can sneak out next. I may do a early morning run this week before work. Calling for very calm day this week. Sucks I have to work.

Great report

Davey...the ridge is quite a way west. It's doable but a really long run. You don't have to go that far for bows........they are out in deep water someplace but why go that far when there are eyes in the bay. Scott.....the 5' lead on the spoon was really there for bows....we were going so slow that I wanted a short lead to get more action on the spoon. Lost the only bow that hit it but the eye went into the cooler. We got some sheep as well but its was eyes only other than that. May go deep Saturday with some friends who are coming out with us.....food or fun will be the deciding factor. Thursday afternoon is our next trip....weather looks good so far.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks