LPB Aug 11th

sea star

Set up at about 09:40 in 85 fow and headed SE toward deeper water. Had the plate set for bows but no bait and no fish. Turned more south and headed deeper yet. Fished all the way out to 135 but could not find any bows. Decision time....keep going to really deep water or turn around and go for eyes. We turned around and finally got our first eye in 105 fow on a 7 core with harness. Two more on the 7 then one on the 8 and that was about it. copper harnesses did it for us although we lost a bow on the 9 core that had a watermelon harness on it. I hope that the bows come back in....it's been a lot of fun! Speed 2.1 for the harnesses, running on inline boards with cores.

Set up at about 09:40 in 85 fow and headed SE toward deeper water. Had the plate set for bows but no bait and no fish. Turned more south and headed deeper yet. Fished all the way out to 135 but could not find any bows. Decision time....keep going to really deep water or turn around and go for eyes. We turned around and finally got our first eye in 105 fow on a 7 core with harness. Two more on the 7 then one on the 8 and that was about it. copper harnesses did it for us although we lost a bow on the 9 core that had a watermelon harness on it. I hope that the bows come back in....it's been a lot of fun! Speed 2.1 for the harnesses, running on inline boards with cores.
Thanks for the great report I too hope they come back! They're a blast for sure

Ok....now I have read your report and will have to make the decision of where to start out there next. Yesterday, I had no luck with the core, but was able pluck the two eyes on the dipsy's. If I recall, the setting was #3 at 160 feet back. Black dipsy with copper back spoon. Actually lost that entire set up to what I believe was a snag on some unknown object out there. It was weird how it ripped my drag and line out, then when rod was grabbed, it just snapped. hmmm.....maybe a submersible log. Who knows....

Thanks for the report Norv. I will keep you posted on my next outing. Again, not sure where I will start, but will share to all if I have any or no luck. I will give you shout soon get some tips on Lake O. Plan on going out there for a day trip sometime at the end of this month. Hope to get a couple more trips out in LPB first.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks