Fishing Report LP Outer Bay - Elbow Area

DST

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Had a great morning with my son and friend on the bay. Would have been nice for a little more wave action early on. We went out searching for bows but came up short. It would have been great to put him onto some hard charging silvers. Fished 50 FOW to 105 FOW in the Elbow area. Pulled leadcore dipsies and down riggers. They all had their moments. Body baits and spoons no set color. We just kept rotating through the spread searching for the hot set-up with no luck.
25 to 40 down running 2.4 to 2.8 on the surface.
5 Silver bass
6 eyes in the boat ( Little guy went back in for another days fun)
1 sheepshead - Best fight of the day for my son it was caught on 7 color

Attachments

• July052022-01.jpg
    July052022-01.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 93
  • July052022-02.jpg
    July052022-02.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 90
  • July052022-03.jpg
    July052022-03.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 84
  • July052022-04.jpg
    July052022-04.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 86
  • July052022-05.jpg
    July052022-05.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 95
I don't bring Sheepsheads into the boat, just leave them in the net over the side. We have lots of instances where they drop a LOAD of crap while trying to get the hook out, just saying.....good thing I have a wash down hose.

Had a great morning with my son and friend on the bay. Would have been nice for a little more wave action early on. We went out searching for bows but came up short. It would have been great to put him onto some hard charging silvers. Fished 50 FOW to 105 FOW in the Elbow area. Pulled leadcore dipsies and down riggers. They all had their moments. Body baits and spoons no set color. We just kept rotating through the spread searching for the hot set-up with no luck.
25 to 40 down running 2.4 to 2.8 on the surface.
5 Silver bass
6 eyes in the boat ( Little guy went back in for another days fun)
1 sheepshead - Best fight of the day for my son it was caught on 7 color
Nice report GST
Nice report indeed GST.
Sheephead fight well...as long as there not windmilling all the way back to the boat.
Way to tax them fish!

I am planning on drift fishing a school with light spinning gear spooled with 6 lb line one of these days when I find some consistency in the school location. They a a great sportfish on the bay that are overlooked for their fighting ability in my humble opinion.

We started the day at the elbow and trolled south towards lighthouse along the 89-91 countour, managed 6 eyes and 5 bows in the boat, lost 6, had double and triple headers, largest bow was 10lb 5oz, 6 and 7 colour lead and dypseys 145-150 at #3 setting, spoons double orange crush, Leopard frog, pink panties, mixed veggie all worked, lost my frog spotted dypsey to a battle with the kicker motor in the triple header……fun 6 hours

I am planning on drift fishing a school with light spinning gear spooled with 6 lb line one of these days when I find some consistency in the school location. They a a great sportfish on the bay that are overlooked for their fighting ability in my humble opinion.
They used to be fun to catch on the ultra lite while perch fishing Port Bruce back in the day..
but was also a disappointment because always wanted it to be a walleye or rainbow.. even a catfish
But when it got to the surface and see a sheepshead it was “dangit!”

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks