Fishing Report LP/Elbow - July 31st

FisherPrice

Took out a good fishing buddy this aft. Left TP marina at 1:00pm , lines in a little after 1:30pm. East rollers heading out, but the lake laid down, dead flat in the afternoon. Very steady action for fish. Started in 40', trolled to 80' and quickly realized the fish were in shallow. Nothing marking or hitting in the deeper water. 42' was the spot. 7 color lead on boards and 30' down on the cannon balls was the ticket. Gold, chartreuse and orange colors were by far better. Nothing on the bright shiny silver spoons/bodybaits. Ended the day 1 shy of a full limit on walleye at 5:00pm. Silver bass and Sheephead will be accounting for the very sore arms we will have in the AM. I don't believe it is a stretch to say we brought in 35+ of these over the trip.

Attachments

• IMG_7601 - Copy.jpeg
    IMG_7601 - Copy.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_7596.jpeg
    IMG_7596.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_7598 1.jpeg
    IMG_7598 1.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 182
Nobody likes a long line with a undesirable on it... lol... Nice box...

Nobody likes a long line with a undesirable on it... lol... Nice box...

I'll agree with that statement.

Yesterday rigger and lead core seemed to catch very little else, and every damn one had all three barbs buried in their mouths. How the H do they do that with such a small mouth?

Thanks for the report Fisher Price. Hope to get out ASAP. East winds are a problem for my fishing partners so I'm waiting.

I'll agree with that statement.

Yesterday rigger and lead core seemed to catch very little else, and every damn one had all three barbs buried in their mouths. How the H do they do that with such a small mouth?

We found the same result. Sheep and Silvers had the lures buried. Walleye on the other hand were at best lip hooked. I'd like to find a solution to avoid the junk fish. Trolling over 3.0MPH seemed to result in no fish (what I have been taught is to troll faster to avoid junk). I'm sure easier cranking days are ahead.

Took out a good fishing buddy this aft. Left TP marina at 1:00pm , lines in a little after 1:30pm. East rollers heading out, but the lake laid down, dead flat in the afternoon. Very steady action for fish. Started in 40', trolled to 80' and quickly realized the fish were in shallow. Nothing marking or hitting in the deeper water. 42' was the spot. 7 color lead on boards and 30' down on the cannon balls was the ticket. Gold, chartreuse and orange colors were by far better. Nothing on the bright shiny silver spoons/bodybaits. Ended the day 1 shy of a full limit on walleye at 5:00pm. Silver bass and Sheephead will be accounting for the very sore arms we will have in the AM. I don't believe it is a stretch to say we brought in 35+ of these over the trip.
2.8--2.9 will help on the junk...Are those Riggers, what I think they are.? 🐟 🐟 🐟

Back