Lowrance new update

portd

Just downloaded new Lowrance update
New option on down scan called fish reveal
might be interesting 6D3C88B9-C59E-4994-A1A4-B9E3D1A24428.jpeg

How's it work? Do you know if it's available for all Lowrance units? And how do you update? Sorry for all the questions but I didn't know you could update the unit. Thought it was just for the maps. Thanks ?

The unit software on most are updatable now. I've probably done my Simrad 4 times since purchase in my driveway.

The easiest way is to take your unit to Angling Outfitters if you are unsure.

How's it work? Do you know if it's available for all Lowrance units? And how do you update? Sorry for all the questions but I didn't know you could update the unit. Thought it was just for the maps. Thanks ?
Free Upgrades for Elite Ti, HDS Carbon, and Gen3. ... See bottom structure in even greater detail and get simpler navigation when you upgrade compatible Lowrance® displays with the new software release. At the heart of the release is FishReveal™
I have my lowrance elite 7 Ti set up to connect to my wifi at home when I power it up and it updates it self if a update is available, or you can download a update from lowrance site to a sd card and insert in unit
Or take it to Angling Outfitters I thinks they will update for if a update is available for your unit

Fish Reveal came out in March...Works great but the updates have had some major hiccups.... Basically Fish Reveal is showing you a down scan image overlayed with a 2d sonar image of the fish. I never once used down scan previously as it was almost impossible to make out fish but with the update its great. The latest update (last week) was the most beneficial to me as I now have full gauges and control of my Evinrude G2.

So with me having the hook series this won't be available? I'll have a look on the website tomorrow at work to see if anything is available. ?

Keep on keepin on

Figured because of this thread I should fire up the Simrad and see if there was an update for it as well.

I'll be dammed, there was, so downloaded it, installed and rebooted while sitting in the driver's seat, musing about the next trip on Erie. :cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks