LOWRANCE NEW GEN 2 SOFT TOUCH

monty smith

Finally had the chance to see the new products from Lowrance. Spent two hours playing with the HDS 7 GEN 2 SOFT TOUCH .To be honest i was impressed with the unit.One of the nice features is the ease to customize the unit to your needs.The new soft touch units come with the structure scan built into the unit, this gets ride of the structure scan box &makes for easier installation on your boat.
The new HDS7 SOFT TOUCH SHOULD BE OUT THIS FALL ALONG WITH HDS9 SOFT TOUCH, THE HDS 12 WILL BE OUT IN THE NEW YEAR.
The new units allow you to creat your own contour lines, or to map out uncharted waters. To help you out go to www.lowrancemarine electronics .
THE GEN 2UNITS will stay in the line as well with a lower price point.
Be happy to answer your questions on the new line up.
Tight lines

Do you know what "video inputs" the 9' and 12' versions will take (can't find it on their web site) and how it will work?

Meaning, can you connect a GoPro camera to it? If you can that would be unreal... just think, you could connect a GoPro camera (which would be mounted to your downrigger/cannonball) and stream realtime HD video of your lure to your Lowrance unit!!!

Will that be possible? What is the vision for the video input?

Thanks!

In regards to the HDS9 AND 12 SOFT TOUCH VIDEO VERSION the unit will not be out for at least 4 to 6 weeks. So for now i do not know what version it will take will let you know once i receive the info.
As far as i know right now you should be able to connect your GO PRO CAMERA to the SOFT TOUCH 9INCH AND 12 INCH UNITS.
Trust this helps answer your questions for now.:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks