Off Topic Lowrance Hook 7 navigating to way point

roaddog

Looking to see if someone can explain navigating to a waypoint. I’m looking to have the lowrance create a safe route to get to a way point.
Eg Looking to have a clear safe route back from Elbow to inner bay. Tried Sunday and it kept trying to bring me across land to the marina.

It's not that smart. It's only going to draw straight lines point to point. You would have to do a way point for every turn. Elbow to inner bay entrance. Then bay entrance to marina mouth.. I just leave trip marker up and follow that back.

I follow the gps tracker. Follow the line back to port. I got caught way out in the fog and only way I could get back in was to follow the gps line that I came out on back to port.

I follow the gps tracker. Follow the line back to port. I got caught way out in the fog and only way I could get back in was to follow the gps line that I came out on back to port.
Works until your track deletes and resets while you’re out lol good idea to drop a way point

Way Point to Way Point, but watch for obstacles (piers, points, shallow water, docks, etc.)
When it comes the rivers it'll show you up on land at times.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks