Off Topic Lowrance depth finder question

inky

I have been getting an intermittent black screen on my lowarance elite 4. GPS navigation works fine and depth finder seems ok and then goes black. Tried rebooting and clearing transducer...no success. Any ideas? Thanks!20200626_153152.jpg

By the way..was fishing off fisherman's pier on lake Ontario...just 2 small shakers

I have an Elite 7 so I’ll be watching when the experts weigh in. My guess is heat. Have you tried running it on cloudy days or shading it?

Does that unit have a sd card slot? try updating it from lowrance website. and do a full reset on it.
i have the hook 7, never seen anything like a black screen.
i am guessing at this,, sounds like a glitch ...

If battery voltage drops for a split second from something else starting up, the unit will shut down.

...I'm just guessing too, but if the GPS and all the "above water" functions are working but the "below water" functions like depth and fish finder are not, sounds like a transducer or maybe a loose connection to the transducer someplace..I had the Elite 5 on the Tara, but never ran into a problem with it.... you said you cleared the transducer but i'm wondering if just some dirt/mud on it??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks