Low water Hunting

wetfootwilly

Hunted the Unit for the 1st time this year. Lots of company overnight as my buddy and his friend stayed the night. Met the neighbour "dirt bike" and his young son, who was on his 1st duck hunt. Congradulations on your "succesful" first hunt! We didn't fair as well. Should of had a couple but..... Had lots of fun getting to our blind as well. Little water on the way out to #22, had to get out and walk our 16' square back a good portion of the way. I'll get a better nights sleep before I'll do that again.

wetfootwilly

Water level is brutal this year, we ended up trying to hunt #41, but it's too hard trying to get any ducks landing in a mud puddle
Watched a couple guys trying to get their boat with a mud motor into #43, needless to say, they ended up leaving, as there was absolutely NO water at that blind

Imagine what I'll be like in November. Even if the water is 30-40 yds from the weeds, there are ways to hunt it, but no water at all....oh boy.

The Weather Witchdoctors predict above normal temperatures and below normal perciptation for Southern Ontario add that to the state we are already in and our normal trend for losing water and things don't look good !

I think "The Unit" should come up with a contingency plan should things get real bad. Maybe put some posts out as shooting points where there is water. We may have to close a blind or two to rework the safety zone but it'll be better than closing them all.

Howdy Wetfootwilly..soooo with the low water levels " How did you get a wet Foot ??? ..Sorry I just had to...

Yes cazy low water levels. If I didn't know any better my son could walk across the whole bay.. Im a happy father, he had a blast. He even drew a picture of a duck and put in his room.. :) Way...way ... better then Video games.

See you on Thursday night Wetfoot.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks