Loving Erieau

erie feeln

Stayed the weekend in Erieau. Had a great time. Everyone was super friendly and so willing to help when they found out we were newbies to the area. Told us where to go, what lures to use even where we should eat. Saturday hit the water with the wife... it was a bit rocky and at first the wife was kind of leery :nailbiting:. Went out about 8 miles and set up. We ended up going 5 for 6. Got 3 Wally's and 2 nice bow. Would have liked to catch some more but Mrs. Erie was getting a bit green from the chop :sick:. Stayed at Erieau Motel & Marina, really nice place, reasonable rates and John and Marlene Coxon will take good care of you.
Everyone should try Erieau once.....
In the end the wife asked when we could go back for another weekend of fishing(y)

Last edited:
wooooooooooo she styled and profiled as per catching how many of u can say that lol I was pissed some blue frezzy lure did me in wow

glad to heAr you did well. The hospitality their is great an the fishing is very good from may and all summer long. We launched sat. About 10am we fished on last weeks marks fish were still their. Bagged 3 of 7 eyes 1 was 10lbs smallest was 7lb. We went a horrible 8 for 15 on bows. Had trouble with hooks bending got a bad batch of hooks. Broke a rod an lost a dispy. We fisinhed when the rain started. Sat. Night an went home. Cant wait until next year to go back.
7 colour, size 1 an2 dispys from 80 back up to 175 on a 1 an 3 setting, colors didnt matter. It seemed they wanted it fast compared to last weeks 2.4-2.8 sats speed was 3-3.3mph. Onece that was figured out it picked up.

Last edited:
How did you manage to break a rod @josh m ?? I taught you better than that ! Got excited again and started panicking about getting fish in boat ? Good to hear fishing is great that way

We were there on Saturday, & went 16 for 22 on the bows. Last one was released. picked up 2 eyes as well. awesome port to fish from. Very friendly & helpful people!

How did you manage to break a rod @josh m ?? I taught you better than that ! Got excited again and started panicking about getting fish in boat ? Good to hear fishing is great that way
You did teach me better then that an to not buy cheap sh$&.!
I wish it broke in the chaos of fighting fish. Truth be is i went to pull the line to do a lure change an must have had the right angle and snap. Then the look on Coreys face was priceless.

Last edited:
not cool breaking a rod my wife got so excited with one rainbow she wound the lure and fish rite to the ladder on my boat and good bye went the fish lol it was still green jumping all over the place.

We have been talking about a trip to Erieau soon after reading this. What the W5 on Eireau? Who to stay with overnight and dock? What to use? Where to head out to? All that stuff to help catch fish. PM me if you would please.

Johnny D

@marcel I will do that and maybe you can let me know where you headed out from and how you did, thanks marcel. It's simple to send a PM. Click on a members picture/avatar and choose "start a conversation" on their profile. That's it. When you get a PM the "inbox" on the top of the page will be highlighted.

hey wtp we stayed at erieau motel and marina prices are great rooms are clean its worth the trip as far as fishing we just followed the boats east to 50 to 80 ft back and forth riggers worked at 38ft and 42ft dipsey also worked as well great place to visit rooms are equipped with fridge stove so you don't have to eat out all the time hope this helps.

also the launch at the hotel is tight I have 18.5 princecraft we managed to get in and out but if your bigger you might want to go down the street at erieau marina then drive boat to your hotel dock .they are booked solid for this weekend were thinking of going back next weekend for one more shot before its over wife loves it there

We have been talking about a trip to Erieau soon after reading this. What the W5 on Eireau? Who to stay with overnight and dock? What to use? Where to head out to? All that stuff to help catch fish. PM me if you would please.

Johnny D

Check out the Fishing Report on the Erieau Marina website.
Stop in and talk to the guys at the Marina store they are very friendly and willing to help out.

We have made the trip to Erieau five times this year and each one has been great.
Good luck,
Ernie

Hi erie feelin, we did go yesterday. Had another great day out there. Had my son, daughter & a friend with me, we ended up with 15 bows & 2 eyes , 1- 8lbs & 1- 2lbs. Greasy chicken was the best spoon of the day. Riggers were best one at 28' other at 47' with cheaters, 50' leads. 30 jet diver off the boards(back 250') took 3-4 fish , 10 colour lead back 375' took a few. #1 Dipseys 3 setting 95' & 130' took some fish too. We would have limited out , but had to scoot off the lake with the weather coming in. Was a bit of a wet ride in. We fished out from the point & east of the point. I will try to post some pictures.

Erieau is a pretty well secret it seems. The fishing starts to pick up mid to late June and usually lasts into Septemeber. Often no ore than a few miles from port. Before that the perch or crappie aren't hard to find in the bay and after that the ducks congregate there pretty heavy in the fall. I think there motto is "A quiet little drinking village with a fishing problem".

The opening of a brewery a block from my cottage has been well received :)

Back