Off Topic Love it was only a fuse

hvyhaul

The Wife says, " Microwave light is out."

Following morning at 04:00 I tried to warm up day old coffee. Light out nothing, it's dead.

Pulled it out of the cupboard today, pulled it apart, yup, internal fuse done.

New fuse, test run, back into the cupboard. 😁🌻

fuse.jpg

View attachment PXL_20230911_154017705.TS.mp4

But why did the fuse blow @hvyhaul? ... at least it wasn't the Traeger...

Dunno, many years of use/abuse/hydro. It's a ceramic fuse, maybe heat/vibration/shock impact over time.

It didn't act up over time or have any particular issue, it worked fine and then didn't work at all.

Had it happen ages ago on a different manufacturer.

Once changed never happened again. 🌻

Last edited:
Wait.... things can still be fixed? Everytime something electrical breaks here I'm told I have to buy a new one.

My buddies 9 month old traeger stopped working yesterday. New controller was shipped this morning.

Wait.... things can still be fixed? Everytime something electrical breaks here I'm told I have to buy a new one.

My buddies 9 month old traeger stopped working yesterday. New controller was shipped this morning.

Yes, those of us who despise paying people to do something we can do ourselves or replacing things that really don't need replacing, fix things. 🤪

Yeah Treager is good that way, youngest daughter's lesser half had his board "toast" during an update and Treager sent him the next generation board to replace his older version that went poof. 😁🌻

Yeah Treager is good that way, youngest daughter's lesser half had his board "toast" during an update and Treager sent him the next generation board to replace his older version that went poof. 😁🌻
I'd be ok with that, if I got some super smoke🔥🐄🐖🐔

Almost certainly one of the door latch switches is failing, if the unit does not have a dead short that is the most likely cause of a blown fuse. Also, make sure to discharge the capacitor before you touch any electrical component.

Almost certainly one of the door latch switches is failing, if the unit does not have a dead short that is the most likely cause of a blown fuse. Also, make sure to discharge the capacitor before you touch any electrical component.

I used to have a Heathkit Colour TV, (build it yourself kit) this is so much less interesting @maytagman . LoL 🌻

Last edited:
I have a 50" hisense tv sitting in my shed. I just haven't had the heart to throw out, we bought it in 2020 at costco for a fantastic price. The repair guys say it's junk as the backlight has gone on it. They sent me a cheque for the original purchase price so it's not a matter of $. Just feels wrong to toss it in a landfill after only 3 years... Perhaps youtube will save it yet.

Why is it everytime I buy a new TV they get bigger.🤔

I have a 50" hisense tv sitting in my shed. I just haven't had the heart to throw out, we bought it in 2020 at costco for a fantastic price. The repair guys say it's junk as the backlight has gone on it. They sent me a cheque for the original purchase price so it's not a matter of $. Just feels wrong to toss it in a landfill after only 3 years... Perhaps youtube will save it yet.

Why is it everytime I buy a new TV they get bigger.🤔
Ahem... bought a Panasonic Plasma for $5K in 2005, nary a burnt-in image, blown pixel or fuse 18 years later... neck-in-neck race between it and the 2006 Dodge Caravan to see which one is first to the dump. The Caravan is leading down the stretch...

Electronic recycle it @Crummybun , I have Greentech less than a mile from me.

Kind of weird hauling trailer loads of tote bags of ground electronics out of the place one day and getting rid of my own electronics another. 🤪🌻

Ahem... bought a Panasonic Plasma for $5K in 2005, nary a burnt-in image, blown pixel or fuse 18 years later... neck-in-neck race between it and the 2006 Dodge Caravan to see which one is first to the dump. The Caravan is leading down the stretch...
Impressive @stomp!

If your 06' gives up the ghost I may be able to help you out with an almost new 07'. The holes in the doors, rockers, hood and trunk are "speed holes". That way you can hit the newer 110km speed limits on choice 400 series hwys.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks