Lost outboard 4hp mariner

bart

Left behind at Little lake 4 hp outboard mariner
Did some one found it?
Please call me 519 424 9210
Bart

your boat insurance will cover that Bart...hopefully you have a low deductible like me with my 2 boats! I just wondered how you left your outboard behind?

How's the fishing at Little Lake. I fished there when I was a kid. My grandfather had a farm there. They use to say it was bottomless. Never had a depth finder back then. Hope some one has found it for you and returns it.

I too grew up 5 miles from Little Lake when it use to be a conservation area. Use to go swimming as a kid. I too, heard of the Bottomless story....story is, that in the late 1800's/early 1900's a farmer travelled across it with a team of horses pulling lumber back to his homestead during the winter, when he, and his horses went through the ice. Story also goes that no one ever found any traces of the horses or the farmer, hence the bottomless legend.

Geographically speaking, it is a unique formation, called a Kettle Lake, formed when a large piece of glacial ice from the last ice age sunk into the ground and then melted as the rest of the glacier retreated.
Is there a fee to enter the pond today? Would love to go back and see it again now. :)
Ken

It's down by Tetterville . My dad did a lot of research on the early names.

That's 10 min from my place there a farm workers there every night I can go check with them see if I can recover your motor

I have a zodiak and take the motor off before put it on my van so i put it against a tree stump and took off and forgot about it.
thank you all for your reply and i hope i get it back.
bert

Make up a waterproof sign and put it where u left the motor. I got my salmon stick and 1 Whisker back that way.

Lost a tackle box and a wallet with $150 bucks when we dumped a canoe there about 6 years ago. Never did find the tackle box and the wallet sank quick without a trace. We were about halfway accross when a huge wind picked up and instead of being on our knees we were sitting on the seats. 3 adults and a child in a 16 foot Coleman.

It's def not bottomless lol but it's very very muddy.

There is perch and crappie and bass in there.

Needless to say my wife will not canoe any more...

The place stinks something awful and was shutdown as a conservation area due to a huge ecoli breakout from what I was told.

Took the pooch swimming there and he stunk for near enough a week lol. Think it sees a lot of shit and fertilizer run off from the nearby farms.

Hey my grandpa don't own the farm there now. And my dad lives here in tillsonburg . Just old Stomping grounds. Ha Ha.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks