Looking for recommendations - Bimini Top purchase

I didn't plan this very well. LOL

Had the boat at home, didn't pull the trigger.

Sunday, for the first time I had the wife in the boat on Erie for a little tour, no fishing, just for her to see what I go through to go fishing and the toys, oops tools and equipment I use on the boat.

Conditions were fabulous for her first treck and one comment was, "Sitting for hours in this sun can't be good for you, you have to get a Bimini top, no more frying."

I'm on a three week waiting list for a custom top. I urge you to plan better. ?
Needed to lose a lure or break a rod or two - maybe she would have encouraged you to increase your TOOLS supply as well? Yes - the sun can be pretty brutal anymore - best to take cover. For what its worth - I bought a couple of lightweight UV protectanct long sleeve shirts at Angling Outfitters a year or two ago - one with a hood - they are extremely light and breathable - don't even know your are wearing sleeves - but they protect from the sun.

Hope your bimini is in soon - the sun is a scorcher out there.

Cheers,
Balleye

@BallEye2 I have no issues regarding collecting "stuff". :)

So far just hi spf sunscreen and a hat.

I have to pull the boat back out of the water when he can do it, he only does custom work, and yes, hope time flies till it is made and installed.

Check out ANP Inc in Quebec. I ordered a 2nd bimini for my pontoon boat last year. Ordered and received it in under 2wks. Installed myself in 2hrs and it fit like a glove.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but just got home from R&R canvas in Dunville. I had to wait on a waiting list for a month but the actual time they had my boat was only two days. We're really happy with the finished product.

AA868779-3F1E-4455-891D-1774D1C113FB.jpeg

Bimini top boat fabrics are made of either acrylic, or polyester variants. Acrylic is considered the best fabric, followed by solution-dyed polyester, polyester-vinyl composite and lastly, plain polyester.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks