looking for pics and bows

johnny eh

hi everyone i here and read everyone talk about port burwell and port bruce it is good there but iam assuming you need to travel pretty far out to get those fish. i was wondering if anyone has been to crystal beach (port Abino) lately to fish for pics i was there about a month ago and did verywell i was wondering if anyone has been down that way lately to fish for pics or have they just moved away from canadian water. any info would be great thanks again

Sorry to say Johnny there haven't been any reports of any pickerel from Abino for a few months. That is from a local I know there who I just got off the phone from. He said the perch are still hitting with some good size 30' deep. The big female smallies are starting to get the fall feed bag on in the 30' range off of the lighthouse as well.

I hope to get there at least once before the shrinkwrap goes on. It has been a few years since we hit that area in the fall as the weather never matched up with my fishing schedule. But as far as walleye go, you might have caught the last run before they headed west. From what I hear from this site they are back to Lake St. Claire now. If you hear otherwise let is know.

Run the CAN straight out of PC and fish 10 FT off bottom, been out there twise in the last 2 weeks, 1st trip picked up 4 eyes between 2 & 8 LBs.... 2nd trip was short 3-4 hrs and went 4 - 4, simular sizes....

Run the CAN straight out of PC and fish 10 FT off bottom, been out there twise in the last 2 weeks, 1st trip picked up 4 eyes between 2 & 8 LBs.... 2nd trip was short 3-4 hrs and went 4 - 4, simular sizes....

bic what is the can a marker??? and also what are you using are you trolloing or just drifting any help would be great thanks bic. also how far from port abino is the can thanks again

Johnney (sorry it took so long to reply) the CAN is an area roughly where Enviroment Canada's Weather Buoy is located straight out of PC 8 miles add about 2-3 from Abino.... Yea I was trolling, ran Body baits, spoons and worm harnesses..... Harnesses did the damage...........

Sorry to say Johnny there haven't been any reports of any pickerel from Abino for a few months. That is from a local I know there who I just got off the phone from. He said the perch are still hitting with some good size 30' deep. The big female smallies are starting to get the fall feed bag on in the 30' range off of the lighthouse as well.

I hope to get there at least once before the shrinkwrap goes on. It has been a few years since we hit that area in the fall as the weather never matched up with my fishing schedule. But as far as walleye go, you might have caught the last run before they headed west. From what I hear from this site they are back to Lake St. Claire now. If you hear otherwise let is know.

Well I guess old Bobby M. doesn't want me messing with his pics. Good to hear there are walleye there. Good haul @Bic4d.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks