Looking for Perch...

moose

Hey Guys, I am fairly new to the forums, but love to fish! I was going to try to get out and scout for perch this weekend with my kids. I usually put in at Turkey Point. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to start...Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Hey Guys, I am fairly new to the forums, but love to fish! I was going to try to get out and scout for perch this weekend with my kids. I usually put in at Turkey Point. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to start...Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Well the East wind forecast doesn't sound too good, but Normandale, Pottohawk and Bluff Bar have all produced for me in past years around this time. I would start at Pottohawk when the wind switches; can be really good there in early June.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice...Cheers! Will keep an eye on the wind for sure..
Very quiet at Normandale for perch. Been fishing it all week very little activity. Very few fish of eating size being caught. Its been so slow I only seen a hand full of gobies being caught. Fished for 9 hours yesterday and only caught 10 perch that you cold eat! Same story for Port Dover, Turkey Point and Port Rowan. Everyone's moving around looking for fish, even the guys with small boats fishing off the places I mentioned are not catching anything. There where a few good catches between May 4 and May 12 but since then nothing worth while has been caught. But I have heard that perch are being caught in the Inner Bay of Long Point. So if you have a boat that could be your best bet.

Glad to hear that the perch is in the inner bay, have to get out there this week, weather permitting :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks