Off Topic Looking for opinions on options for navigation/GPS

roaddog

I already have a fish finder that works fine but would like to have routing for navigation and waypoints. I've looked at a few combination units but not looking to spend big money. I see the Garmin Striker 4 Plus for around $150. Anyone have one? Anyone have a recommendation that's say less then $500?

I already have a fish finder that works fine but would like to have routing for navigation and waypoints. I've looked at a few combination units but not looking to spend big money. I see the Garmin Striker 4 Plus for around $150. Anyone have one? Anyone have a recommendation that's say less then $500?

Humminbird will probably your best bet for those features!

Check out angling outfitters in Woodstock or Grimsby tackle, everytime I'm in there they have excellent deals, and both sell units that have been traded in also. Might be worth checking out.

A good used one might be your best bet. Lots of us update ours just cause we can. I love my new Simrad but the old lowrance did most of the same things. Just slower and a bit harder to use with a smaller screen.

You can use OPENCPN with just about any Android phone or tablet... if you have the tablet its all but free, the only cost would be to subscribe to the great lakes maps $20 a year at o-charts.org

Have you found a unit yet,, I have a new raymarine DRAGONFLY 4 pro with navionics would sell for 400

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks