Looking for Omc help

skinny

My go to for boat question is now retired
And that’s bad for me as I just bought a old boat with OMC 120 and electric shift stinger
Looking for someone that knows these and or people with parts

My go to for boat question is now retired
And that’s bad for me as I just bought a old boat with OMC 120 and electric shift stinger
Looking for someone that knows these and or people with parts
Yah I made the mistake of buying an OMC for my first boat. 👎
Sorry to hear this

I have an OMC Cobra had it rebuilt by Jones Marine in Tillsonburg a few years back . What's wrong with it.

So bought this boat thinking motor what’s seized . 4cyl 120. Got it home and started looking at stuff removed drive and can turn motor now (going to run today)
Took top off drive to check impeller and found top of lower shaft broke sill has lots of engagement

just kinda looking for place for info/parts

Attachments

• 89DE8310-5A88-46EC-AF11-5B35688E7374.jpeg
    89DE8310-5A88-46EC-AF11-5B35688E7374.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DA03FD8B-2FB7-4272-8028-C04605129A9F.jpeg
    DA03FD8B-2FB7-4272-8028-C04605129A9F.jpeg
    342.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 747694ED-BED7-4BFA-8254-42C387118EE0.jpeg
    747694ED-BED7-4BFA-8254-42C387118EE0.jpeg
    395.6 KB · Views: 38
If that is the intermediate shaft you will have to replace it, cause the other end is probably just about rounded off to. I did the shaft, bearings, and seals in my old crestliner wasn't too bad of a price or job (did it myself in the driveway) to do it all. I was told then that they were good for this problem. I just followed the directions in the clymer manual I have and was back up and running in a day. Used the boat another 7 years with no issues, till I sold it.

If that is the intermediate shaft you will have to replace it, cause the other end is probably just about rounded off to. I did the shaft, bearings, and seals in my old crestliner wasn't too bad of a price or job (did it myself in the driveway) to do it all. I was told then that they were good for this problem. I just followed the directions in the clymer manual I have and was back up and running in a day. Used the boat another 7 years with no issues, till I sold it.
Was yours electric shift

Not my first boat and was cheap enough I thought I would try
Was just sharing my experience with it..
wished I had listened to my friends dad who recommended not to purchase a boat with an omc because they are no longer in business and it can be difficult to find people to work on them and some parts hard to find or not available…
Anywho good luck with it!

@tazmania there could be parts in my trailer that is salvageable to the right person who’s looking for parts. There is lower end units dated back to the 50-60’s, multitudes of carbs, flywheels, recoils, shifters and cables I know Randy will be separating parts for scrap.

Just up at cabin but would be interested in exploring what you have.
I will pm when I get home.

FYI fishing sucks. Repairs to camp went well but zero bites.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks