Off Topic looking for net information from pt stanley area

smokey1

If you have been fishing the stanley area have you noticed any nets set up out there ?

In the past I have encountered them stretching for miles a bit to the west.

Thank you.

If you have been fishing the stanley area have you noticed any nets set up out there ?

In the past I have encountered them stretching for miles a bit to the west.

Thank you.
I’ve been fishing a bit to the east and haven’t seen them for a couple of weeks
But thought I saw some fishing tugs last week way out past the weather buoy

Was out Thursday and they dropped miles of net straight out from the harbour mouth starting around 60ft of water and never found the end of it as we worked out to about 72ft that day. Net was still going straight out when we turned around at 14-15 miles off Stanley.

Net is about 1-2 miles east of the weather bouy and if you draw a straight line east from the bouy I'd guess that to be about the mid-point of the net line stretching north/south.
Was well marked compared to other years with jugs every 100ft and black posts at the end of each segment. Maybe only 50ft gaps between the segments though so we had to pull gear to cross and redeploy everything after crossing. Anyone trolling east/west off Stanley in greater then 60ft will undoubtedly find them.

Last edited:
Excellent, that’s what I’m looking for. Taking the daughter out in an hour , will post results later. It’s like a fence at times.
Thank you .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks