Off Topic Looking for full service slip on north Shore for 2021

Merkinbrumsky

Like the title says...looking for a full service slip for a 30’ sea Ray for the summer. Anywhere from port Dover to port Stanley. Dover area preferred. I’ve tried all the usual places and most have waiting lists, including port Dover marina, bridge view, McDonald’s, stan’s, north Erie, etc. Maybe someone is leasing a slip you know of?
Thanks
Kris

Try Bay View Marina if it’s still called that, I know there are 30’ plus boats moored there. First Marina east out of Port Rowan and before Ackers which has changed hands and name.

I too am on a waiting list but I think they have slips at Port Dover marina -- I could have got one in August and although everyone bought boats in a pandemic, I seem to remember the waiting list thing to be more about knowing what slips they will have open and moving people around vs there not likely being any open. If you find a good spot... I have a 25 foot Grady that needs a home.

I too am on a waiting list but I think they have slips at Port Dover marina -- I could have got one in August and although everyone bought boats in a pandemic, I seem to remember the waiting list thing to be more about knowing what slips they will have open and moving people around vs there not likely being any open. If you find a good spot... I have a 25 foot Grady that needs a home.
I’ve spoken to Port Dover twice. The first time I messaged them they sent me some forms and said there was a waiting list. After asking how long the list was I got a “sorry we are full” response so I’ve moved on even though it was my first choice.

Reactions: jrr
I’ve spoken to Port Dover twice. The first time I messaged them they sent me some forms and said there was a waiting list. After asking how long the list was I got a “sorry we are full” response so I’ve moved on even though it was my first choice.
That doesn't make me feel good... with what are going to be much higher gas prices this year I imagine there will be lots of boats for sale in the fall but that isn't going to find me a slip this year! I should have take the one in August.

That doesn't make me feel good... with what are going to be much higher gas prices this year I imagine there will be lots of boats for sale in the fall but that isn't going to find me a slip this year! I should have take the one in August.
I’m getting nervous myself. I’m sure I will find something, maybe just not in the area I want.

I’m getting nervous myself. I’m sure I will find something, maybe just not in the area I want.
My boat is on the edge of being able to trailer. I did consider a summer of trailering so I can fish where I want but pretty sure my neighbours would loose their minds with it in my driveway. Interested to know where you end up! I am holding out for Port Dover. I can’t lock up stuff very easily so places like nanticoke aren’t great.... had a bad experience 5 years ago at a marina (not nanticoke) with odd stuff being stolen.

I think they might have availability at Nanticoke but I’m not keen on going their either. I’m on about four waiting lists so hopefully something pans out after they do their renewals for current customers. I may end up in port colborne if that’s my only choice. I’m pretty sure I can get a spot at sugarloaf even though spots are scarce their as well. I will let you know if I find something.

My boat is on the edge of being able to trailer. I did consider a summer of trailering so I can fish where I want but pretty sure my neighbours would loose their minds with it in my driveway. Interested to know where you end up! I am holding out for Port Dover. I can’t lock up stuff very easily so places like nanticoke aren’t great.... had a bad experience 5 years ago at a marina (not nanticoke) with odd stuff being stolen.
If you consider trailering, maybe look for a secured storage lot with 24/7 accessibility.

If you consider trailering, maybe look for a secured storage lot with 24/7 accessibility.
That is what I am thinking -- if Port Dover allowed that I would be pretty happy. I don't hang out or sleep on my boat so leaving it in the water to collect the green growth isn't necessary. Put I don't have a big diesel truck so pulling it any distance is not fun either. It can be done but it has a hard top and a 350 engine... not aerodynamic or light.

Try Daryl at Big Otter in Port Burwell............519 874 4034

Back