Looking for ETEC Help

Proline_Jay

Hi all,

I'm in need of some serious engine help for my 2007 etec 175HP engines. I'm out of Sarnia and the only dealership here no longer has an evinrude licensced mechanic. I'm looking to the 68 community for advice of who should I bring the boat to for repair. Any insight would be appreciated.

Proctor Marine in Simcoe , Marina Shores in Longpoint , Jones Marine in Tillsonburg . Have dealt with all of them , honest with reasonable rates .

Maple City also but this time of year I would sit and look at it for a while in the driveway, they're all sooo busy.

Proctor Marine in Simcoe... Hands down... Prompt reliable service... Likely why my 1999 Johnson is still rocking... ;)

Best to maybe call around to the suggested places and see who can get you in the soonest.
May I ask what the problem is?
Thank you all for the replies. You're right, they are all swamped... I get it. 'tis the season. Problems are injector based so need someone that can dial into the ECM.

Maple city actually laughed at me when I called them and suggested that I bring it to them in the fall to fix, winter and store it with them.

I purchased an ECM reader with software for ETEC and Ficht evinrude. If you buy a service manual you should be able to dial in your injectors. Did you change any components out or is it running like crap with original parts

You could try Dundas Marine near the corner of Hwy #6 north and hwy #5/Dundas rd. A few years ago I needed some work done on 225hp and they got me in not long after the May 24.

If you want your boat sooner than later, call Blue Sky in New Hamburg and see how soon they can get you in.
I tried getting in there once cause it was local and they were packed. I ended up going to Argyle Marine in Goderich. Usually a few weeks wait but the mechanic there I would have let date my sister in the day. He is that honest

I bought an old 75 Etec a few years ago. The previous owner put new plugs in it but the motor wouldn't accelerate smoothly. I found out that etecs require you to 'index' the spark plugs so that open part of the plug faces the injector. Once I fixed that problem... solved the rough acceleration issue.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks