Looking for Crappie spots

mflorio

My 11 year old son wants to catch crappie through the ice. Could I please trouble this group for some ideas of where would be good to take him? I was thinking of a marina channel around the bay somewhere. Thank you.

Late ice channels can be good @mflorio, if you have permission. I wouldn't expect anyone to share much info here.

If near London, off wellington road where the tourism London building is in that pond directly behind it. It has black crappie and lots of pan fish and is good for making sure the boy gets something for the effort. Not sure of ice quality or thickness. At about the middle and towards the north side is a good place to start

I have a small private lake that has crappie perch bass and the odd pike but I think I'd rather die then give out the location!!!! Seriously though the channels around turkey point hold crappie until about May.

The pond behind the Mohawk Inn/racetrack has consistent 12-14 inchers… but the pond is fed by the overflow from the septic beds. I don’t recommend eating them

Lol I just realized and had to add this edit!

“Looking for crappie spots”!!!! 😂🤮

Weeping bed run off would be filtered threw the ground and also diluted with storm water what’s wrong with that??? Not like they would be eaten as sushi 😉
Then again ocean water is a lot like piss with all that urea in it

I have a small private lake that has crappie perch bass and the odd pike but I think I'd rather die then give out the location!!!! Seriously though the channels around turkey point hold crappie until about May.
Get permission as most access to channels in TP is private property

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks