Fishing Report Long Point Perch / Pan Fishin' 06/19/2019

Rex

Arrived at the lake about 615. Fished off P-hawk in about 14 fow figured we'd try the perch. Got 6-8 in about half an hour. We were drifting with shiners. Likely would have done better if anchored. Best luck was minnow on bottom hook and a 1/4oz 4-5ft up the line.
Was a bit slow, and brought some pan fish tackle, so went off Rowan for last hour and a bit. Couple huge farm animals (7-8fow) guys beside us landed a good pike. Few more perch (smaller then off the island)... likely should have stayed at the island.
Tons of fun to hook a farm animal on 4 lb line.
Didn't take any photos, enough perch for a light sandwich.

boating through the neutral zone (sanctuary) noticed a strange camo duck boat not under power just floating. Two guys on board. Decided to make a turn and check it out (figured I'd be nice and mention to the guys that fishing there was a big fat fine until Saturday)
"Hey guys, what you up to? Catch anything?"
"Oh!! It's YOU"
Laughter from the other boat and ours erupts and we continue on our way.
They're keeping watch ;)

Arrived at the lake about 615. Fished off P-hawk in about 14 fow figured we'd try the perch. Got 6-8 in about half an hour. We were drifting with shiners. Likely would have done better if anchored. Best luck was minnow on bottom hook and a 1/4oz 4-5ft up the line.
Was a bit slow, and brought some pan fish tackle, so went off Rowan for last hour and a bit. Couple huge farm animals (7-8fow) guys beside us landed a good pike. Few more perch (smaller then off the island)... likely should have stayed at the island.
Tons of fun to hook a farm animal on 4 lb line.
Didn't take any photos, enough perch for a light sandwich.

boating through the neutral zone (sanctuary) noticed a strange camo duck boat not under power just floating. Two guys on board. Decided to make a turn and check it out (figured I'd be nice and mention to the guys that fishing there was a big fat fine until Saturday)
"Hey guys, what you up to? Catch anything?"
"Oh!! It's YOU"
Laughter from the other boat and ours erupts and we continue on our way.
They're keeping watch ;)
Haha ya I saw them too, they watched the boat beside me, clearly fishing for bass, I'm not sure what happened but I saw the rods leave the owners hands and saw the 2 guys each get some kind of paperwork.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks