Fishing Report Long Point Bay Oct 5

fishing or farming

Out Collins Harbour 👍🏻 3 guys and 3 scoops of minnows. We went north of the group and didn’t find to many, toured out to EC with only a few to show. Moved back to the west of the pack and 💥 right on top. Had some great fishing for 3 hours. Kept 31. I also tried worms and plastics but the minnow seemed to shine. Even cut in half. I was using a small ice fishing spoon, Dad and Benny used pickerel rigs. All of us caught an even number of fish!!🌾🤣😜

Dan

Out Collins Harbour 👍🏻 3 guys and 3 scoops of minnows. We went north of the group and didn’t find to many, toured out to EC with only a few to show. Moved back to the west of the pack and 💥 right on top. Had some great fishing for 3 hours. Kept 31. I also tried worms and plastics but the minnow seemed to shine. Even cut in half. I was using a small ice fishing spoon, Dad and Benny used pickerel rigs. All of us caught an even number of fish!!🌾🤣😜

Dan

Dan
I had a identical report as you one of us must have followed the other my son and I managed 30 or so and one monster perch a little over 14 1/2" fat and no eggs ? found it hard to determine bites on the keepers. Bite was tough till the chop picked up from the calm water

I had a identical report as you one of us must have followed the other my son and I managed 30 or so and one monster perch a little over 14 1/2" fat and no eggs ? found it hard to determine bites on the keepers. Bite was tough till the chop picked up from the calm water
Hey ya I agree the bite got better with the wave. We had some giants as well. I found that a small toss would draw them in. Wish I could do that in the winter!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks