Long Point Bay ice

Anyone go out yet? Plan on heading off oldcut on saturday. Are there minnows nearby or should i pick them up before i get there?

Personally have only ice fished Erie once - many years ago. Did Qunite years ago and have been on Nippissing twice - once last year and again 4 or 5 years ago. As was mentioned above - have been reading/following the Quinte page and seems over the last 2 weeks almost a daily occurrence for rescues through the ice. People posting photos of fish coming through holes that look like damn near no ice at all.

PLEASE - use good judgement when venturing out. Lets make this a safe ice fishing season. As much as everyone may be anxious to get out - ensure you can get out and BACK - warm, dry and safe. Perch nor pickerel is that expensive nor the thrill of catching that great that one should put their life or that of emergency service personnel in peril.

Any ice fishing vets able to chime in with DO'S & DON'Ts.....you would be doing some rookies a good service.

Best of luck all and be safe.
Balleye

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks