Fishing Report Long day but worth it.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
I did use it Trevor and it went over great lol! The people I work with know that I am absolutely obsessed with fishing because thats all i talk about all week, they all know I am usually heading to the lake every weekend the weather is willing to cooperate. So when i was talking about possibly going this weekend in the rain i got the " YOUR NUTS" comment and you already know how I responded to that ?
Thanks for the quote Trevor I will never forget that one and ill use it every chance I get but the credit is all yours!!

LOL. I can't take the credit, I'm sure other people have used that before me. I just happened to say it this day. I used to fish in the rain all the time when I was a kid. I was fishing in the rain Wednesday morning for a little while. No big deal, you get wet, you'll eventually dry. I didn't even go get my rain jacket Wednesday, it wasn't raining hard enough to warrant it.

I got the "your nuts" a few weeks back when I went on a weekend. I posted about it, but can't remember how far back it was. Might have been the May long weekend, cuz I don't normally go on the weekends. It wasn't supposed to rain that day, which is why I went. Got to Pt Stanley to get my bait, and it started raining. Nothing to serious to start, so I wasn't overly concerned, but then on my way to Pt Bruce, it absolutely poured. I drove out of it, got to Pt Bruce, looked at the few people on the pier, started getting my gear out of the truck, put my rain jacket on and out I went. Everyone could see what was coming, so they were all packing up. Some left outright, others just went and sat in their car to wait it out.

Not me, I was on that pier sitting in my chair catching fish while it poured, me and an Asian gentlemen. I eventually went and got the rain pants out of the truck and put them on too, but by then I really dunno why, I was soaked, but I was also catching fish, and having fun. Once it passed, one couple came back out and told me they sat in their car watching me catching fish commenting to each other that I was nuts. I said that to them and then showed them what I caught while they waited it out. Now had it been a severe thunderstorm with lots of lightning strikes, I wouldn't have been out on the pier until it passed.

My grandfather told me once, "Respect mother nature. When she's in a bad mood and venting, (that would be a thunderstorm) but if all she's doing is having a shower, put the rain gear on and get out there and get'em before they ain't there to get." It's raining pretty good in London right now. Nice steady, nothing real heavy, the wind has even died down. If I were on the pier and it was doing this, I'd have my rain gear on, and I'd still be fishing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks