Fishing Report Long day but worth it.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5866

SO, me being the clever guy that I am, decided that I'd go to Pt Bruce this morning at stupid o'clock. (In this case that meant up at 3:30am, out the door by 4, and on the pier with a line in the water by 4:45am. The thought was by doing so I might be able to get the hot corner (sw.) Yeah that didn't work. Got there and there were already a couple guys there and at least one I could see on the beach way off in the distance. So I set up on the SE corner instead.

For my efforts, all morning, 1 tiny little yellow that went back because it needed to grow, 5 keepers and 11 sheephead.
Soooo, I moved to the west side of the pier even with the light house. I was getting ready to call it a day at about 1:30pm when..............they turned on......

I ended the day with 25 Yellow perch, kept 24, and 11 sheephead.
I'm a wee bit sleepy now, so here's the pic before I did what had to be done. In the freezer now.

Attachments

• 24 of 25 June 20 2018.jpg
    24 of 25 June 20 2018.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 206
On a side note, there were lots of tanks caught off the pier today once they turned on this afternoon, and those on the beach were also doing well.

man that's dedication----"a wee bit sleepy"---wouldn't have had the intestinal fortitude to stay up that late---wouldn't have heard or seen me until tomorrow ---sometime!!!

I didn't get home until 7:15ish tonight. I stayed until I was almost out of bait. But had they not turned on when they did, I would've missed'em because I was more than ready to go home 10 minutes before they turned on and then......there they were.........people were still catching all over the place when I left, but I was tired (for obvious reasons me thinks, stupid o'clock came pretty early) hungry and had 24 fish to clean.

Way to persevere out there.

Thanks, but I'm payin for it. My back is not pleased with me right now. That is by far the longest I've stayed since I buggered my back 4 years ago. Don't think I'll be doing it again, not feeling the way I do right now, at least not that early, and not that long. :LOL: ICE and advil are my friends. :inpain:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, once the perch decided to play it was game on. Still not quite like it was about 3 years ago where you couldn't get your line set before they hit it, but it was still fairly steady and they're big this year, or bigger than they have been over the past 2 years.

now don't be a tease Trevor:p

Packrat, I'm going to tell you the same thing I have told others for years, there is no such thing as teasing, it's just unfinished business. I wandered down the road this morning to see my neighbor who wanted to go with me yesterday but had previous commitments so he couldn't make it. the guy next to him showed up and the 3 of us had a discussion. Now I have 2 neighbors that want to go with me next time I go:ROFLMAO: and I didn't have my phone with me, so neither of them saw the picture from yesterday. For all they know, I'm F.O.S

Packrat, I'm going to tell you the same thing I have told others for years, there is no such thing as teasing, it's just unfinished business. I wandered down the road this morning to see my neighbor who wanted to go with me yesterday but had previous commitments so he couldn't make it. the guy next to him showed up and the 3 of us had a discussion. Now I have 2 neighbors that want to go with me next time I go:ROFLMAO: and I didn't have my phone with me, so neither of them saw the picture from yesterday. For all they know, I'm F.O.S
wasn't suggesting you're full of it---been there when things are hot hot hot so I know where you're coming from

wasn't suggesting you're full of it---been there when things are hot hot hot so I know where you're coming from

Never took it as you making that inference, I was making it lol. You've seen the pictures I post, they haven't, and well, you know us fishermen and women do have a reputation for....... let's call them exaggerations.......... when it comes to relaying the story to others without the photographic or video proof :ROFLMAO: The key point you were supposed to take was, it's not teasing, it's unfinished business. So go to this website, https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/ca/port-bruce?cm_ven=localwx_10day check the wind direction and speed on that page, it's been fairly accurate up to 2 days out, and then pick a day and get yer butt down to the pier before you have to wait til next year to finish that business.........hell I might even be there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now that’s a determined fishing nut! Glad you hit the later bite!

I'm not nuts. They fixed me :ROFLMAO: I just like fishing, I usually get out once a week, twice when my wife is on holidays, or when there is a long weekend and we have no other plans, and every once in a while, I do something stupid that I KNOW I'm going to pay for later. IE spending way longer than my back will tolerate at the pier just to get that damn elusive #25 to bring home. I never got it and had to settle for 24. I'm just glad I wasn't sitting at 49 and wanting that 50th for a limit for the first time in 3 1/2 years :eek:

Fishing is good. Catching is better, cleaning the fish, yeah that's a different story, but someone has to do it, and since she won't......I guess my name is "someone" once in a while :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness tho, fishing is still one of the few things I can do after buggering up my back, but even that has it's limits. I used to be able to go from before the sun came up until after it set. Many times I was the first one there and the last one to leave. I can't do that anymore, but at least I can still go fishing and every once in a while, not just with fishing but a few other things as well, I test my limits and tolerances then pay for it. It's never going to get better, but it can get worse, so when I do test those limits and tolerances, that gives me somewhat of an indication whether it's worsened or not by the amount of pain I feel during or afterwards. I should have left well before I did yesterday, but well, you know......perch were biting, they were big, and they were there in numbers. Hard to leave even when I knew I should have when I was catching, as was everyone else around me.

Last edited by a moderator:
So John, tell me, did ya use it at work, and if so, how'd it go over? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So John, tell me, did ya use it at work, and if so, how'd it go over? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I did use it Trevor and it went over great lol! The people I work with know that I am absolutely obsessed with fishing because thats all i talk about all week, they all know I am usually heading to the lake every weekend the weather is willing to cooperate. So when i was talking about possibly going this weekend in the rain i got the " YOUR NUTS" comment and you already know how I responded to that ?
Thanks for the quote Trevor I will never forget that one and ill use it every chance I get but the credit is all yours!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks