Long Afternoon Waiting.

Once a month now Craiger. That store bought Rainbow. Can't wait to catch my own again. The fish from Erie and Lake Ont better than store bought. Not even done yet and my buddy claimed two pieces. lol

Number One reminded me that when we do fish or chicken in the oven we use parchment paper. Good idea for the smoker. Thanks, Clark

For cleaning the smoker grills; try oven cleaner. Spray both sides of the grills, let it sit for 15 or 20 minutes and 90% of the crud will rinse off.

dan.

Great idea with the parchment paper in the smoker. I will be trying that. Use it all the time at home so why not.

Ya the parchment would probably save my wife quite a bit of cleanup time.....;).

Ya the parchment would probably save my wife quite a bit of cleanup time.....;).
You getting lazy GMech? lol The brine I use is sticky. Need to soak grills. Parchment paper worked great.
For cleaning the smoker grills; try oven cleaner. Spray both sides of the grills, let it sit for 15 or 20 minutes and 90% of the crud will rinse off.

Good idea Dan.

Last edited:
looks good , I just did a batch of candied rainbow trout last weekend in my Bradley smoker
very stciky with all the maple syrup I use but I let the racks soak in hot water and they come clean relatively easy
never thought of the "oven cleaner" .....next time

Hey for the smokers that use oven cleaner a little trick to clean the racks is put the racks in a garbage bag then spray with oven cleaner let it soak in bag for a bit,its not quite as messy and it works well take out and quick spray with water.

Hey for the smokers that use oven cleaner a little trick to clean the racks is put the racks in a garbage bag then spray with oven cleaner let it soak in bag for a bit,its not quite as messy and it works well take out and quick spray with water.
Sounds good, I use too soak mine in laundry tub. But I think parchment paper my new way. Can't catch no salmon or trout now, but Fortinos supermarket has a good deal this week on salmon.

Misty River. Never tried with maple syrup. Is that in the brine or you brush it on while smoking? My last batch I brined a few pieces in sea salt and Fragoilia liquor (straw berry liquor with real straw berries) turned out great and will have to do again.

@Phantom that's looking good and you are getting some use from it, just like my deep fryer. Have you done a brisket or some ribs yet?

No. Tried some pork. was ok, just ok. But the mushrooms are a hit. I think the smoker is just for fish. Mushrooms.....well every time I check the smoker was one less. Be 50 next time. lol

Very nice smoker you have Phantom, how much for a unit like that one ? Is that tube, the spot where you put chips in??

"What the heck", is parchment paper??

Very nice smoker you have Phantom, how much for a unit like that one ? Is that tube, the spot where you put chips in??

"What the heck", is parchment paper??
A smoker like that is about $400. But worth every penny. Lots of fishing shops sell them. You put the chips in the tube, spits a new one in every 20 mins and old one falls into bowl of water. Parchment paper is like shelf paper. Saves the hassle of cleaning the grills. Nice profile shot RobNPerch.

hey when I first got my smoker I smoked every thing lol but the biggest hit otter then the fish was the smoked hard boil eggs they looked degusting but man they where good tasting

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks