Live well cleaning

Richardscott999

new boat this year and first one with a live well. I have found out quickly that cleaning of the live well is an important maintenance item. Not sure what products to use. Son suggests bleach but I am reluctant as residue may impact fish. Does the community have any suggestions?

I generally just rinse it with the hose when I get home. But you could try vinegar or peroxide both I would think would be environmentally friendly

Dawn dish soap and hot water
I second that for sure

When you use dish soap don't forget to rinse or you will have a foam party next trip lol
Been there done that lol
Fish come out very clean though

Vinegar and or baking soda. I wouldn't recommend bleach, any residue and you will not have a great tournament next trip out.

new boat this year and first one with a live well. I have found out quickly that cleaning of the live well is an important maintenance item. Not sure what products to use. Son suggests bleach but I am reluctant as residue may impact fish. Does the community have any suggestions?

Chlorine will for sure completely disinfect the live well but is a very corrosive chemical
You will be able keep the live well clean with dish soap. And won't have to mess around on your boat with a chemical like sodium hypochlorite

Bleach kills all bacteria.does not clean as good as dawn.dawn cuts oil grease etc too that bleach wont get.use fantastic with bleach.but dawn shud do just fine.dawn is nice for your boat floor.its grease cutting is excellent.

Mine gets rinsed with fresh lake water all summer long & antifreeze in the winter.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks