Live Report from the Bluffs

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Couldn't ask for a better day out here. 4 pike in the box all around the 6# range. Threw back 5 small guys.

Jim

@kirkplewes it was a planned vacation day and it was a great day to be on the water than at work. @stomp I think we caught all the big pike when we went out. I went out Sunday and landed 15 and threw them all back. Not a one was even close to 5# As for today, we kept 4 around the 6# range but threw back 8 little guys. Those little ones are so aggressive hitting the lure and getting hooked on their gill plates and in the side of their body it felt like you had a monster on.

Perch must of been biting yesterday at EC10. When I came in yesterday it looked like opening day. I see there is no report on any success.

Jim

A great day for fishing! We stopped at EC 10 and picked up enough perch for supper and then went to the Bluffs where we also had good luck with pike. If tomorrow is anything like today, will try Normandale to Ryerse to see if we can pick up a rainbow.

@2Gun glad your day was a success, you must have just gotten to the Bluffs as we were leaving in a Wellcraft.

I saw you out there today three buoys. I was the black Lund that pulled in and started casting. You caught a fish just as we got started fishing. Hey 2gun can you troll out in front of normandale and ryerse and catch rainbow this time of year. I've heard of guys casting from shore to catch them. Just didn't know if its worth the time to go over there in the boat.

I have caught them from the shore throwing lures at both places. I just figure I can do the same thing from the boat. Beware of the rocks in close at Ryerse. Can't give any results, because I went back to the bar today.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks