Live Report from the Bluffs

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Pike fishing is doing well. 6 in the box. Ranging from 5lbs - 8lbs..Pictures to follow later

Hope you decided on going Sunday cause it was rough in the inner bay tonite, got soaked on the ride in, I'm only running a 16ft aluminum though. Good luck out there. Not too many bass caught either :)

Hey Nick, thinking of heading to Bluff's tomorrow, (Sunday). Hope the wind cooperates.... looks to be west 10-15 km/h. I'll play it by ear in the morning.

Good luck Scott, be sure to post yer results. We still gotta get out there together sometime. From the sounds of it the fishing seems to be really good out there

These were from Saturday morning. The largest was 9.5 lbs. Had a few hits and lost them, we did ok for for our early fall pike fishing.

Sitting on the deck this morning at 5:30 a.m. and there was absolutley no wind, decided to jump on the boat and head out for more pike. Everyone was still in bed and couldn't get nobody to come with me.

Started fishing just before 7:00 a.m. and by 9:30 had my limit.

My last pike I landed got my lure all tangled in the net. While trying to untangle the hooks, the pike decided to make a nasty flip and then it happened....................S.O.B. one hook set deeply into my knuckle on my thumb. Now, I'm by myself with a pike, a lure, my hand in the net all tangled up. Things now are running through my mind:confused: get the fish out or get the net untangled or pull the damn hook out that is buried past the barb. Decided to get that damn fish out before it made another flip and bury more hooks. After carefully removing the tangled net from the hooks I could see one hook deeply buried beyond the barb. Now another decision I have to make, cut the hook and push it right through and ruin hook on my new lure or just pull it out.
Hell with it, pulled it back out................S.O.B. I will never do that again:eek::eek: Those barbs sure do hurt coming out and I won't have to replace it:):)
Other than that, had a great morning.

Stomp are you sure you want to try your pike fishing skills this weekend with me;);)

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_00000041.jpg
    IMG_00000041.jpg
    718.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_00000042.jpg
    IMG_00000042.jpg
    691.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_00000045.jpg
    IMG_00000045.jpg
    937.5 KB · Views: 41
Stomp are you sure you want to try your pike fishing skills this weekend with me;);)

Jim

Pretty sure. You put me on the fish, I'll unhook 'em. If you ask me to slip on a pair of crocs, now that might me a problem...

nice looking fishes Jim!

Them damn hooks hurt don't they!

Had the same thing happen 2 years ago with a 4.5 walleye on the one hook and the bottom treble buried in my finger hurts like an S.O.B for sure! Don't matter if it's going in or coming out! LOL
I can still feel it! ahahahahahha

Nice looking fish you got!! Shitty deal about the hand though........the price we pay for great fishing eh!:)

The rule on my boat is were shoes or sandals. Thats right found out hardway.Buried hook in soft fleshey part of foot.It was on a angle that rolling it would only go deeper. my youngest boy said ice it dad.. worked great , after a 15min freeze up , 1 big yank and back to fishing. Never go without a bag of on board.
Nice pike Three buoys.bet they were tasty.

Nice fish, good for you

. I still have a spool of 30 pound mono on the boat to slide behind the shank of the hook, pull down with steady pressure with the other hand past the Barb and watch the hook pop out, wear glasses or that hook may take an eye out after it flies in the air.

You can see the method and many others on Utube. No need to push through, kind of hard when it's stuck on a bone, ouch. You'll know if it's against the bone when you start pushing, if you don't pass out they will hear you from shore.

Pull strait out, man that has to hurt.

Or just cut the line off wrap in duct tape and keep fishing. It's called playing hurt.

Jack Daniels and a scalpel. That's what I needed to cut whatever sinewy flesh had managed to get over the barb and not allow me to pull it out. Had to drink and work fast enough to take the edge off but not end up wielding a knife on my own flesh while drunk. A friend had to get in there with a toothpick and pull up on the flesh so I could cut it down in the crotch of the barb. Surgery done and fished for the whole day. Hook didn't hurt going in but interestingly made me light headed on the walk back to the house. Hurt like a bitch coming out though...

Back